Vet questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hey everyone!
Im taking rocky to the vet this week or next and i was wondering what type of questions you would ask the vet :) and what type of tests i should get done. I just want to get him a check up and any thing else you guys thing is neccessary. Thanks!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
An exotics vet will know what to look at. They will make sure they are heavy and hard shelled. Look in throat and at eyes, etc. Do a water balance check to look for any respiratory problems. A fecal check (take in a very fresh fecal sample with you). Maybe others I can't remember at this time.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I imagine rocky is a pet sore russian (petco or smart most likely) I would do a fecal check for sure.

Also write down some questions before hand so you don't forget, and be honest in your answers the vet can only help if you answer honestly ( not calling you a liar or anything like that). :)

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
DesertGrandma said:
An exotics vet will know what to look at. They will make sure they are heavy and hard shelled. Look in throat and at eyes, etc. Do a water balance check to look for any respiratory problems. A fecal check (take in a very fresh fecal sample with you). Maybe others I can't remember at this time.
Thanks that really helped :)
I'll post how everything went after i go xoxo

dmmj said:
I imagine rocky is a pet sore russian (petco or smart most likely) I would do a fecal check for sure.

Also write down some questions before hand so you don't forget, and be honest in your answers the vet can only help if you answer honestly ( not calling you a liar or anything like that). :)

I got him from a breeder friend but I'm going to do a fecal check to be sure hes fine :)
Haha no worries i totally get what you mean! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.