Uvb light suggestion?

I Love Dino

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
colorado
Hey all, I am looking into buying a new uvb light for Dino and Daisy. And price range is fine with me but there isn't any reptile stores when I live. I don't go to pet smart too much either. I go to petco because it's close to where I live and I know some workers there. I currently have the Zilla 20 watt desert 50 bulb. I heard that these are bad, but is that true? I was thinking about getting those longe tube lights but I have to get a fixture for that (which is totally fine if you guys recommend it). I have the zoo Ned power sun uv 100watt for basking now, which has both uva and uvb. Is that enough uvb for my 5'by 3' enclosure? Thanks!View attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439260135.755511.jpg
My enclosure and lighting
View attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439260194.077283.jpg
Light that I'm using
View attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439260276.420237.jpg
Uvb light I'm thinking of changing

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Yes. They just need to be able to have it in a spot. They need to be able to get out of the UVB.

Russianuncletwo

5 Year Member
Agreed. test the temperature w/a reptile thermometer (I like the strip) to get ground around 90 and shell top height around 95. The only time the PowerSun may need to go off is if no A/C and it's hot in their room this time of year. Other than that, The ZooMed PowerSun 100w is the way to go. The 160watt may be better only if your particular enclosure and environment warrants it for temp. control but be careful of light being too close (heat wise, not UVB; I believe the 100w has more uvb output.)