uv light

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanekm2003

5 Year Member
Hi can any suggest a good uvb tube to be used in an enclosure for hermans tortoise or point me in the right direction.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
shanekm2003 said:
Hi can any suggest a good uvb tube to be used in an enclosure for hermans tortoise or point me in the right direction.

The sun...that's about 92 million miles straight up:D...Seriously, the best indoor UV is ZooMed's and you can pick it up here for a lot less than you'd pay in the store

http://lllreptile.com

check their specials...looks like a few are on sale now!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't find any of the tubes to be very effective. I recommend looking into mercury vapor bulbs. Heat and UV all in one bulb. I've had good results with TRex Active UV Heat Bulbs. If they are getting a fair amount of sunshine you really don't need a UV bulb. If they are indoors all the time, you ought to try to get them outside more. Nothing is better than the sun.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
I don't find any of the tubes to be very effective. I recommend looking into mercury vapor bulbs. Heat and UV all in one bulb. I've had good results with TRex Active UV Heat Bulbs. If they are getting a fair amount of sunshine you really don't need a UV bulb. If they are indoors all the time, you ought to try to get them outside more. Nothing is better than the sun.

Hey Tom...see my post above:D

Status
Not open for further replies.