URGENT: Baby red foot problem

I've had my baby red foot for about a month, and while there have been some struggles regulating humidity, and getting him to expand his diet to more than just fruit, there have never been any functional issues until today. The last two days he hasn't been eating as much as normal, but I didn't think much of it because he was still drinking a lot. Well today I took him out to soak for 5-10 minutes and right after I did he began to produce his body weight in poop. It wasn't diarrhea, so I think he was constipated, but I dont understand how if he has been so hydrated, and eating more greens, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms then ever {in comparison to fruit at least}

Any answers?? Any opinions?? Should I take him to the vet???

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just my opinion, he probably is just getting used to the proper foods. It probably didn't eat the last couple days, because he had too much poop to pass before he could. I wouldn't jump into going to a vet just yet. I would just keep a closer eye on him and maybe soak for 20-30 minutes every day to every other day, even if he is drinking on his own.

Update: He has his complete appetite back, and craves greens more often then fruit lately! {Which is a big surprise} I'm ordering the 1lb bag of Mazuri, so that I can keep that in his diet 2-3 times a week, for nutrient stability, and then I think all the digestive problems will disappear. ^_^ Thanks for all the advice