upside down tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubecrew610

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Perkasie, Pa
Some how goji the red foot ended up upside down in his water bowl today. I have no idea how he did it, or how long he was like that. Could have been 12 hours, I check on him when I leave at 5am and when I got home he was on his back. Lucky his water bowl is super shallow so no threat of drowning.

Any chance of damage to him? How long till something could go wrong? Just has me a bit worried. But he seems OK.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've seen this happen with very small tortoises. When they climb out, if the sides are steep, they sometimes tip over on their back in the water. There's no telling how long it would take to kill one. Each occurance/tortoise would be a different situation.

ubecrew610

5 Year Member
Perkasie, Pa
Yea he is in a baby pool so the sides are smooth but his bowl is away from the side. I really have no idea how he did it. Lol wish I could have taken a pic.

EKLC

5 Year Member
Where is the water bowl relative to a light? The biggest danger would be if he flipped under the light, which would overheat and dehydrate him very quickly.

ubecrew610

5 Year Member
Perkasie, Pa
it is the opposite side from his uv/heat bulb. but under his CHE, however his CHE si controlled with a t-stat set to 77 degrees about 2 inches above his substrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.