Upside down Charlie!

Sfc200376

Just checked on Charlie and found him on his back :-( I feel sick and upset for him. I know he wasn't there for more then a few hours.

He is constantly standing up on his back legs and scratching at the side of his table? What can I do to stop it?

I am worried he might turn over and be stuck there for hours!!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Can you post a picture of his enclosure so we can make suggestions to prevent more flipping?

Sfc200376

Just added a few hides for him, thank you as any help appreciated. ImageUploadedByTortForum1393451534.242087.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
is there a particular area that he flips? or is it in random spots?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Round out the corners and cover the half pot in substrate would be my first impulse from what I see in the picture. You can also put that plastic garden edging with the rounded top, all around the enclosure walls at a height where he can not get straight up and down. Either by angling it in, or by setting it down low enough to where his head hits the round top before he can get to high up on his back legs.

Sfc200376

Thanks all, he has only flipped over the once so hopefully that will be the only time.

I have placed more plant pots with substrate in them and plants for shelter and he seems much happier.

Love this forum!!!