Upgraded enclosure for new Russian tort

So-B

Location (City and/or State)
Reno, NV
Newbie here - I appreciate all the info and conversations on here! I of course got it all wrong after purchasing our tort from Petsmart (gasp). I didn’t know they were wild caught and will never do that again! This site helped me create a more suitable indoor and outdoor enclosure than the terrarium the pet store sold us. Biggest advice for other newbie’s….don’t spend all your money on the fancy store bought stuff! We built our outdoor enclosure from what we had around the house and converted an old dog crate (again using things we had around the house) for the indoor enclosure. Never did I think I’d be so in love with a tortoise!! 45F1523C-F501-40D1-8F10-7F7B27DAE460.jpeg47998F2D-9E20-40FD-9CA1-5F19CF25DD6D.jpeg0FC49EB8-5963-4C0D-9AF8-C867326A326E.jpeg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Nice and flat!

.......the rock next to the stairs doesn't cause him to turn over? Very cool that you give them the space you have.

......but my bet is the little white fence and the outdoor nest-hide will be gone w/i a year<LOL>! Crushed & trampled by The Beast!

Very nice, congrats & wttc!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
That's really nice looking, I'd worry about the hay tho, 'could' be a fire hazard Did you put him at the top of the ramp? Cuz i wouldn't think he could climb it...

So-B

Reno, NV
Nice and flat!

.......the rock next to the stairs doesn't cause him to turn over? Very cool that you give them the space you have.

......but my bet is the little white fence and the outdoor nest-hide will be gone w/i a year<LOL>! Crushed & trampled by The Beast!

Very nice, congrats & wttc!
Thank you! I’ve added more bark chips to the side of the rock and the base of the stairs to make it easier to get up/down. I’m sure I’ll be repairing/upgrading as “The Beast” settles in, lol.

So-B

Reno, NV
That's really nice looking, I'd worry about the hay tho, 'could' be a fire hazard Did you put him at the top of the ramp? Cuz i wouldn't think he could climb it...
Thank you! I was thinking about that with the hay n will probably switch to the same substrate as the bottom. And yes, he climbed up the ramp himself! He uses the grooves to get a foothold and I think he likes the challenge because he uses it a lot!