Updated indoor enclosure

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Here is an update to my enclosure build. A little over 6', 30" wide and about 20" high. It's been sitting unoccupied for months since summer.
I intended it to be the winter quarters for my leopard but he is just too big now and prefers to live outdoors so I rearranged things and put my russian in there instead.
Been too lazy to install sliding glass doors but I just ordered the tracks from Amazon and it should be here soon.
Hope you guys like it!

Last edited:

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
Great winters quarters. I like the background. Does the Russian go out when it warms up? What are you using in those lamps?

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
yes, he lives outdoors. Actually, this is the first time for me to bring him in. He usually brumates through the winter. Sometimes it's difficult to find him when it rains and he's below the ground. I used to let him brumate in the garage.
I have a che, powersun 100, and a regular bulb in the lamps. Plus, a fluorescent.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Santa Cruz, CA
My only suggestion was going to be that you may have too many heat lamps but assuming the CHE is for night, it sounds fine. Great looking enclosure. I just found a Russian of mine that had gone down early today. He went through 8 inches of rain. These guys are tough.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You did a great job. I love the background. And it's a nice size.

Subersibo

10 Year Member!
Thanks, Yvonne.

Kevin, the che isn't plugged in as the heat from the powersun is enough to keep temps warm throughout the enclosure. I only turn on the other lamp sometimes. Nighttime temps in the house are in the 70's so no need for any additional heat but I have the che there for winter. It's on a thermostat.

I was kind of disappointed when my leopard was trying to get out all day. I made it especially for him since he'll probably just stay in his insulated box all winter long. I was thinking he would like to have more heated space to roam if kept indoors.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Great job...learned a few things from you...