Update on Vanollas eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, CA
Another little guy started to hatch today. As of right now, the shell is broken in half and one tiny leg is poking out. I cant wait!!
I'll post pics as soon as "she" hatches.

As of right now, egg #3 is hatching. I took a close look and saw the crack on the shell. She was not moving at all. Some of the soft shell membrane had hardened, and was sealing both nostrils, depriving the baby of air. I carefully peeled off one side and after about 30 seconds, the baby suddenly came to life. Wow. Maybe I saved her.
This is so cool!!!

sushisurf13 said:
Another little guy started to hatch today. As of right now, the shell is broken in half and one tiny leg is poking out. I cant wait!!
I'll post pics as soon as "she" hatches.

As of right now, egg #3 is hatching. I took a close look and saw the crack on the shell. She was not moving at all. Some of the soft shell membrane had hardened, and was sealing both nostrils, depriving the baby of air. I carefully peeled off one side and after about 30 seconds, the baby suddenly came to life. Wow. Maybe I saved her.
This is so cool!!!

Baby #1 is doing GREAT!! She has eaten a few times, Her yolk is almost gone and she even took a bath and drank water today.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Wowie, such a great tale to tell. Can't wait for more updates, lucky duck!

Status
Not open for further replies.