Update on Me...& Mine....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Antigua West Indies
Not expecting anyone to remember me but incase anyone does and gets confused since I'm about to change my signature...
I was Olive the Redfoots Mom in Ontario Canada, we had her for 9 months and then my husband got offered a job overseas... so Olive and all her belongings went to a lovely girl and remained in Canada.. :)

Anyway we now have 'Jaba' a little redfoot about the same size as Olive 3-4 inch carapass. Jaba is a cutey she has a yellow colored head and then red on the legs.
So that's where we are at..
Here's a couple of pictures of Jaba. (Jaba means Hibiscus in India)
J's favourite foods are Cactus Pads, green pepper, grapes, cantaloupe and Chicory, worst foods ... Kiwi and honeydew
IMG_7827p-vi.jpg

IMG_7838p-vi.jpg

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Nice change from Canada I guess? Weather wise, I mean.
Is Jaba a local from where you are now located?

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
We got Jaba from a local store for $40 EC about $13 US!! Big difference considering we paid over $400 Canadian for Olive! LOL..
As I have been reading lately after stumbling across a yard FULL of full grown healthy Redfoots they are very common here, I'm in the Caribbean..
As another poster commented on a thread I posted in the picture forum
allegraf

RE: A herd of Red/Yellow-Foots
That is really neat! On another board, there was a lady from St. John's and had some redfoots as well. They would wander in and out of her yard. It is my understanding that they were originally brought on ships as food and when the sailors would find land and fresh supplies they would let the torts (that they did not eat) go. As a result, there are redfoots throughout most of the islands in the Caribbean. Thanks for the pictures. They all look like redfoots to me.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Nice to see you back and yes I remember you and Olive. Your new little one is adorable and beautiful. Welcome back are you going to be staying in the Caribbean a long time? I have to say that we miss Olive here does the girl that has her know that we're here?

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
I don't know if she is here or not I will have to drop her a line since she may have changed Olive's name.
We are here to stay we sold our house and every belonging. It is so hard starting over from nothing but things like our little RF are really helping us feel more at home..
Thanks for remembering us Candy, Olive was such a sweet little tortoise....

Status
Not open for further replies.