Update on elongated

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
This a 1 1/2 year old I got from @Benjamin as a hatchling. She was incubated for female and has extra scutes. This little one has grown considerably in such a short time! She is 548 grams and right at 6 inches SCL. She has a ton of personality and is such an easy tortoise to keep. I just love her!!!
Thanks Ben!!!

Cyndi

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Little Miss Piggy, oops, I mean Miss Penelope :D. Not so little any more. Look out Sir Percy, Miss Penelope will soon be pushing you around:eek:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
These are such cool tortoises. I just know very little about them. Only what I've read here on the internet machine. I've always wondered why they aren't more popular.

Your little one is looking great. You have several don't you?

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
These are such cool tortoises. I just know very little about them. Only what I've read here on the internet machine. I've always wondered why they aren't more popular.

Your little one is looking great. You have several don't you?

I just have 2. I want several more females though!! My other one, and the whole reason I fell in love with this species, is Percy. I adopted him from Tyler over 2 years ago. He is the one with the damaged mouth from being a WC import. He is doing great and eats everything in sight now! He is, and always will be, my "special" tortoise. They are a great species!! Lots of personality!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Awww, beautiful Sir Percy. Such a special guy. Can't wait for babies to come from these two. What, another three years from now. Man, tortoises are slow:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Looking good. They are a great species. Males can get rather aggressive when breeding season hits though,

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Well now I don't know which of your two I like better. Percy has a gorgeous carapace! I really like the light colored heads on these guys.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
You have couple very nice looking torts.......Just beautiful! ! !

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
He has already been practicing!!! He was also ramming everything in his enclosures.

Lol. Just be glad he doesn't have another male in with him. It's quite fascinating on an aggressive scale how this species takes turns in a way combating for breeding rights. It's not a traditional "Sulcata" or Russian aggression. It's more of a ritual between two males. So just beware if you add another boy to your two. :)

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Lol. Just be glad he doesn't have another male in with him. It's quite fascinating on an aggressive scale how this species takes turns in a way combating for breeding rights. It's not a traditional "Sulcata" or Russian aggression. It's more of a ritual between two males. So just beware if you add another boy to your two. :)

Thanks! I would like to add another female or two and let him have a harem!! Until I get my big yards done, I don't want anymore boys of any species!!! Well, maybe another pancake.... :confused:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You know, if she becomes he, I know where he could come live.... :)

Jeff9241170

Philippines
hi, what do you feed them? i have an 8" male and he barely eats. Always hiding in his shell, and when he does move around, he just seeks another place to hide in... ive been giving him hibiscus greens and flowers and hes barely touching them, before I saw some bite marks on the food i offered him so that was ok, a helper takes care of him when im out at work and was advised that she has already cleaned some of his droppings... so im thinking he's ok, but when i checked on him earlier, he seems lighter, and he seems like he's losing weight... im worried and i was hoping some of you guys can give me food ideas for him

thanks!

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
hi, what do you feed them? i have an 8" male and he barely eats. Always hiding in his shell, and when he does move around, he just seeks another place to hide in... ive been giving him hibiscus greens and flowers and hes barely touching them, before I saw some bite marks on the food i offered him so that was ok, a helper takes care of him when im out at work and was advised that she has already cleaned some of his droppings... so im thinking he's ok, but when i checked on him earlier, he seems lighter, and he seems like he's losing weight... im worried and i was hoping some of you guys can give me food ideas for him

thanks!

Mine love mushrooms and strawberries the most, but eat all greens and most fruits and vegetables. The younger one also loves worms and snails. They do well with a wide variety of foods. If he is not eating well, try the mushrooms and strawberries and see if that will get him started. Mine also love Mazuri. Also they do not like high heat or super bright lights and do better with lots of plant cover and higher humidity. Hope this helps!

Jeff9241170

Philippines
Thanks! Im keeping the temps at 80, humidity at 80-90% no direct lights, hes in a closed chamber bin, and from time to time ive caught him trying to escape, hehe, the bins top cover opens like a chest, hed usually stick himself out in the middle where the 2 pc cover meets.

Ill try mushrooms and strawberries and see if thatll help.

Merry Christmas!!!