Untitled Project #2

Dan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
819514A8-F5EE-44EC-97D6-11335919AD3B.jpeg DAB8A436-E4E2-43C1-8292-5EB63FF63821.jpeg Male, about four years old. Was kept outside in a western state much of the year before I got him so only about half the weight of similar-aged animals I’ve had indoors for years but showing concave plastron and massive tail at size mine started flashing. Has gained weight from 360g to over 500g since he came in March. Very active and great eater. Not at all shy.
60248424-B0EB-4150-8FD6-8CFC4FD3AE23.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Those are beauties! I don't know anything about that species, but love looking at your pictures.

(The strings all around the tortoise in the first picture is the main reason I DON'T like coco coir. I've seen a couple different tortoises with dead legs due to hair/string/wire wrapped around the leg and cutting off circulation)

Dan

5 Year Member
Indiana
(The strings all around the tortoise in the first picture is the main reason I DON'T like coco coir. I've seen a couple different tortoises with dead legs due to hair/string/wire wrapped around the leg and cutting off circulation)[/QUOTE]

It’s dog fur because I put him on the carpet a moment while I set up the camera, but that’s another issue entirely . My roomba clearly needs back-up.

No, the dogs don’t have access to my Burmese stars. Apart from emotional investment I just have way too much $$$ wrapped up in these to let them get chewed on.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So what is the experiment Dan?

Beautiful tortoise there.