Uk tort owners

Tabby0318

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
England
Hello- I grew up in Northamptonshire -a village called Spratton, but haven't been back there for a long time.
Angie
Hi, not too far from where we are in Welly. We were going to move year before last, going a bit downhill, but then a lot of places are 🙂

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hi, not too far from where we are in Welly. We were going to move year before last, going a bit downhill, but then a lot of places are 🙂
My parents both used to teach in Wellingborough,and my younger brother went to school there ,travelling in with them,at one time - but I don't know much about it as a place myself.
Angie
If that is Tabby in the picture, she looks like an adult - and one with a very colourful menu - do tell me about her.
Angie

Tabby0318

5 Year Member
England
My parents both used to teach in Wellingborough,and my younger brother went to school there ,travelling in with them,at one time - but I don't know much about it as a place myself.
Angie
If that is Tabby in the picture, she looks like an adult - and one with a very colourful menu - do tell me about her.
Angie
No place like home as they say. What school did they teach at?
Yes, she is a spur thigh, about 83yrs now. We took her in after my partners dad passed away. She loves her flowers, mimulas, mallows, diascia and evening primrose is her favourite. They were gone in 60secs lol. She is such a character and full of personality. When she wants flowers she puts her head up and opens her mouth like a baby bird waiting to be fed. Hoping to grow her a lot more weeds and flowers this year that she can get herself, don't know where she puts it all.
Love her to bits.
What do you have? 🙂

zolasmum

5 Year Member
No place like home as they say. What school did they teach at?
Yes, she is a spur thigh, about 83yrs now. We took her in after my partners dad passed away. She loves her flowers, mimulas, mallows, diascia and evening primrose is her favourite. They were gone in 60secs lol. She is such a character and full of personality. When she wants flowers she puts her head up and opens her mouth like a baby bird waiting to be fed. Hoping to grow her a lot more weeds and flowers this year that she can get herself, don't know where she puts it all.
Love her to bits.
What do you have? 🙂
Zola is a Hermanns, and is nearly 22 now. We have had him since he was a baby, and he has transformed our lives (mine and my husband's ) He loves going out with us in the car, to look at the sea,especially, and has lots of human friends he has met when out.
I don't remember the name of the school where my parents taught, but it would have been long before your time, I think.
Tabby looks very well - it's great you were able to take her on.
Angie

Rachelynn

Staines, N.Surrey and Porthcawl, S.Wales UK.
Calling all uk tortoise owners, can we find out where everybody is from?
I'm from Knowle in Bristol :):):)
Hello all
I’m from N. Surrey and S. Wales. My spur-thighed female has been with me for 50 years and was a large adult when she came to me.
Her previous owner had a few other tortoises and was finding life a bit too much because this one needed hand feeding.

Last edited:

Moi Hutton

UK
Hello all
I’m from N. Surrey and S. Wales. My spur-thighed female has been with me for 50 years and was a large adult when she came to me.
Her previous owner had a few other tortoises and was finding life a bit too much because this one needed hand feeding.
Hi Rachelynn,
Your tort must be pretty old then! Wow! Any pics?
Moi and Charlie x

Moi Hutton

UK
Do all of your tortoises live outside during summer months? Mine has the garden to himself which he loves but I do feel sorry for him right now with all these heavy rain storms we’ve been having!