TV, how is yours set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa
I'm getting ready to sell my large entertainment center and replace with a TV wall jack. My question is, what the heck do you do with all the wiring? I am beginning to rethink selling it because I hate seeing wires!

Anyone?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
My TV is mounted on the wall above the fireplace so any components sit on the mantle and the distance going up is so short, the cables aren't too bad if they are dressed neatly.

When I upgrade, everything but the TV will probably go in a closet and I'll run all the wiring concealed in the attic/walls.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
ImageUploadedByTortForum1377454455.835366.jpg

This. It's a 60" tv. But my boyfriend wants a media room with all the components hidden from view. We have a new custom diy subwoofer coffee table not pictured as well.

I should mention we have surrounding speakers wall mounted and the wires run under the area rug. The rug also covers large pink blotchy stains from the previous tenant.

Last edited by a moderator:

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
We have a 55" Flat Screen wall mounted on an articulated mount, all the cabling and wiring is run straight through a hole behind the TV to a cabinet full of equipment (Direct TV box, Blueray player) in the room behind it. Our TV remote control is RF (radio Frequency) controls everything fine. Our neighbor has her components in a coat closet that is behind the TV wall.

If you end up having to open up a wall completely to rewire, make sure there's a tube or space big enough for the large ends of cable to be fished through in the future (you know you might want to run more equipment to it in the future).

If you've got space somewhere for that entertainment center you might think about modifying it into a closed chamber and such for your tortoises and turtles. People just aren't buying Entertainment Centers anymore due to the Flat Screens being so popular.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm with you about the cables and wires. I HATE that!!! You can always punch a hole in the drywall behind the TV, and another hole down at the baseboard and feed the cables down inside the wall.

Of course, those of us with small TVs that sit on top of the bureau don't have that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.