Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That guy doesn't deserve to have a tortoise.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
That makes me sick.
LOVE this comment though:

"Any responsible tortoise/turtle owner knows you can kill them by putting them on their back. Their lungs collapse when you do this. I'd say the desperate GASPING for air is a pretty dead giveaway he can't breathe. I can't speak for you but I'd doubt you'd like it if someone covered your face and deprived you of air."

eta: Actually I like most of the comments! I'm surprised at how many people know a tortoise can suffocate that way.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
That is absolutely disgusting. Yep I disliked it and flagged it- for whatever good that does.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
This is disgusting. I was going to post something, but I do not have an account there and don't really want to make one. I wanted to tell him to come onto this site so he could understand what he is doing to his Sulcata. :( Poor thing. Does anyone else have an account that could post our site so he could learn about what he's actually putting that tortoise through when he does this to them?

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
Torty Mom said:
I WAS going to look at it, but after reading what you all said, I have changed my mind!

i didnt either.. i dont want to see it. i dont want to loose it, my heart already aches from the comments

Marty333

10 Year Member!
Winter Springs, Florida A quaint little town near
I like the comments for the video. Fight the power!!! :p
this one had me laughing:
"This is disgusting!!!!!! How dare you treat an animal that way and act like its a joke. That Sulcata deserves better than a horrible d*** like you! Seriously you should just give that tortoise up to an owner who will actual take care of the tortoise instead of tease it with a piece of food! You are the decline of human kind I swear! Seriously do you have anything between those two ears of yours? Apparently not! Read about them well thats if you can read dumb***!! Someone needs to smack you!"

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Torty Mom said:
I WAS going to look at it, but after reading what you all said, I have changed my mind!

Same here, I wanted to watched it but I know that if I do, it will be impossible to forget what I saw. :( I hate it when people act stupid with living creature, Shame on this guy!

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
"Kennethkking"
The kking of idiots...
This is what I said...
"As you can tell from all the comments that your not well liked by the people who are responsible tortoise owners. Personally I think that if you can't treat your tortoise the way it should be treated, AS AN ANIMAL (not a toy) then you do not deserve ownership of if. However if you truly are as ignorant as you seem then research Sulcatas, and tortoises in general. tortoiseforum.org is a great site that will teach you how to properly care for your Sulcata"

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you Katie for posting that it's a good post. Hopefully he reads it and shows up to learn the proper care of a tortoise.

chadk

10 Year Member!
The tort looks pretty good actually. Nice big yard and good looking tort house. The smaller tort in one vid looked pretty bad though - probably MDB and bad pyramidding... Who knows if he is responsible for the bad smaller tort's condition or even responsible for the good conidition of the bigger tort (could have aquired it not too long ago).

Other than being lame enough to get a chuckle and post a vid of a helpless tort, I don't see him as 'evil' as many of you seem to be thinking. Do you know how long a tort can be on his back before dieing? Clearly it is not the same as you or I having someone hold our nose and mouth shut... I use to have a box turtle that would regularly flip herself on her back and then quickly right herself. It was just part of the routuine - climb up the eating platform, and instead of climbing back down the same way, she'd just launch off the 6 inch edge, land on her back, and then continue on her way as if it was just normal...

So was this a one time thing or does he do this for kicks all the time? We don't know. Some folks do other things that could be just as freaky for a tort - weighing them on a scale while they thrash about not being able to move since no feet are touching the ground, being put in a tub to be soaked and thrashing around not able to move because of the slippery surface and panicking, being held in the hand and walked around the room (often they pee on you lap or in your hand as a defense\fear response), being given worm or other meds, beak or nail trimming, being cleaned and scrubbed, and so on.
A tort on his back a few seconds is a dumb stunt, but hardly animal abuse deserving of such vile responses...

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Chad- while I know it takes more than a few seconds on their backs to kill them, I disagree with your last comment. What is so vile is that it's obvious this guy has done this more than one time because he's dumb enough to video it and put it on youtube. There was no healthful purpose to his act as there would be with weighing, soaking, beak or nail trimming.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
So, I commented on this video. I got a profane email from this "person" that also made disparaging remarks about my mother, if you get my drift.

This guy is scum. I have reported his video as abusive, and I will be reporting the email I received. Please report the video as well and help me get this pig off YouTube before someone else decides his abuse behavior towards his Sulcata is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.