Turtle is Sick??

ashlync.ollins

Location (City and/or State)
AL
My Yellow bellied slider turtle is having problems trying to submerge underwater. I have had him for a few months and he is very little. He has been eating the same food the whole time I had him. His rear end is floating and when I lightly push him down, he bobs up. I looked it up and it is either a RI or gas. He eats normal, but sometimes I hear weird noises coming from his tank. It could be anything but I don’t understand what it is.

nicoleann2214

NY
My Yellow bellied slider turtle is having problems trying to submerge underwater. I have had him for a few months and he is very little. He has been eating the same food the whole time I had him. His rear end is floating and when I lightly push him down, he bobs up. I looked it up and it is either a RI or gas. He eats normal, but sometimes I hear weird noises coming from his tank. It could be anything but I don’t understand what it is.
@Tom

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
myself , i'd worm him while he's still eating ..... you can inject the wormer into small redworms ....... you'll need to have the vet give you an appropriate sized needle , the wormer will block a needle that's too small , to big it gets tough to get into a small worm ....... , give it to him in the water so he can swallow them whole ....... i'd also run him through a round of antibiotics ......... this is not something i think i'd do , i've done it ............ i guess you could have your vet x-ray him to attempt to differentiate which treatment would be most likely appropriate ..... what is the substrate in his tank ?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Floating lobsided, or rear end high is a typical sign of a respiratory infection causing gas buildup. The outlook is normally poor. But always needs a vet and antibiotics.