Turtle identification needed

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
(I didn't know whether to put the thread in 'water turtles' or 'terrestrial turtles' because my friend google says "semi aquatic". "The giant Asian pond turtle (Heosemys grandis) inhabits rivers, streams, marshes, and ricepaddies from estuarine lowlands to moderate altitudes (up to about 400 m) throughout Cambodia and Vietnam and in parts of Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar and Thailand.[3] So I'm assuming it's ok here???)

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
(I didn't know whether to put the thread in 'water turtles' or 'terrestrial turtles' because my friend google says "semi aquatic". "The giant Asian pond turtle (Heosemys grandis) inhabits rivers, streams, marshes, and ricepaddies from estuarine lowlands to moderate altitudes (up to about 400 m) throughout Cambodia and Vietnam and in parts of Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar and Thailand.[3] So I'm assuming it's ok here???)
Same place you would put N American Wood Turtles. I guess that what you call "terrestrial turtles" none are totally terrestrial. The closest to terrestrial would be box turtles!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Since they come from Indonesia, I really doubt it's a hibernating species.