Tube lighting

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I have an open enclosure for my Russian tortoise. i have always used the Power Sun MVP bulb which hangs from the light holder. I would like to start using the Repti Sun T5 tube /hood but don’t see that you can hang it. Does anyone know if you are able to hang the tube light/hood?
im including a photo of the enclosure with current uvb lighting.

Attachments

• 1F09833B-683E-483E-9C6E-E432591519D5.jpeg
    1F09833B-683E-483E-9C6E-E432591519D5.jpeg
    866.4 KB · Views: 2

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes you can, you just have to rig it yourself. I have hung them with a loop of rope on each end that it would set on and then joined those two ends in the middle and attached to above frame or ceiling depending on where I was using it.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
You can make a frame out of PVC pipes or wood (I'm looking at the ramp and pretty sure it's an easy task for you). If you haven't got a T5 fixture yet, Arcadia proT5 may be easier to hang (there are two mounting brackets with a screw hole, where you then "click in" the fixture).

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have an open enclosure for my Russian tortoise. i have always used the Power Sun MVP bulb which hangs from the light holder. I would like to start using the Repti Sun T5 tube /hood but don’t see that you can hang it. Does anyone know if you are able to hang the tube light/hood?
im including a photo of the enclosure with current uvb lighting.
Make two uprights with 2x4s or PVC, and then make a horizontal cross bar to hang everything from.

I second the Arcadia 12% ProT5 Kit. You can find them at Lightyourreptiles.com, who is also a member here.