True tortoise friends…awesome video

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, Louisiana
I don't know if this is going to work because I copied and pasted from my facebook, I really hope you all can see it because it's evidence that Tortoises are a lot smarter than what people give them credit for…..They're also as amazing and sweet as most of us here already know them to be, but it's nice to be able to show proof of that.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=311541422196326

PS: Let me know if you're able to see it please!!!!!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LOL....I am always amused by this one...now, please please please do not take this the wrong way---I know that as humans, we humanize animal behaviors to be in line with our human ones...so here is my question :D

What do you suppose could possibly have caused this well sized tort to arrive in this position? I mean, there is clearly nothing around that would have caused a random flipping, a launching if you will? well, except of course the flipping culprit may actually be what is warm and fuzzied up as his rescuer???hmmm?

I would even venture a bit further and lay bets that the tort arrived in this uncomfortable position due to a ramming, a bit of biting and a final ram and flipping from his "pictured" buddy...who is now circling him to assure he gets a few more rams and dominance taps to assure he knows who is the one who flipped who....but see, if we place warm fuzzy music to a vid or pic we can lead the crowds....lol ;)

Now, before anyone thinks I am a big meannie...let me assure you that I have seen many a torts be flipped--and then flipped back over by their flipper --simply to be rammed and flipped again....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
ascott said:
LOL....I am always amused by this one...now, please please please do not take this the wrong way---I know that as humans, we humanize animal behaviors to be in line with our human ones...so here is my question :D

What do you suppose could possibly have caused this well sized tort to arrive in this position? I mean, there is clearly nothing around that would have caused a random flipping, a launching if you will? well, except of course the flipping culprit may actually be what is warm and fuzzied up as his rescuer???hmmm?

I would even venture a bit further and lay bets that the tort arrived in this uncomfortable position due to a ramming, a bit of biting and a final ram and flipping from his "pictured" buddy...who is now circling him to assure he gets a few more rams and dominance taps to assure he knows who is the one who flipped who....but see, if we place warm fuzzy music to a vid or pic we can lead the crowds....lol ;)

Now, before anyone thinks I am a big meannie...let me assure you that I have seen many a torts be flipped--and then flipped back over by their flipper --simply to be rammed and flipped again....

You are a big meannie:p :D Kidding, I agree with you. Not that two torts can't get along, but things need to be right and big. If one flips for no reason or cause. I will bet all I have, the other one did it and is helping him back over, hmmm, okay ramming him back over, if he actually does get back over like this lucky one:D
However, it is nice to think that they were buds helping each other:)

Status
Not open for further replies.