Tried to Help a Person Selling Pyramding Sulcatas-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
As much as I hate to say it, I think that if I got a note like the OP sent, and had been raising torts (successfully in my own eyes) for years, I would have gotten really angry at the sender too.

In human social interaction, we basically follow scripts. If I feel like you accused me, I defend and attack. It is not what you intended to start, and I may not be proud of the way I react, but it is human nature.

Heck, I know I've felt attacked in the forum (and I suspect many of the other posters here have as well) and I did the classic knee-jerk 'defend and attack' response, and usually end up feeling either pretty sheepish about it, or getting rather self-righteous over it ("who does that pipsqueak think he is taking to ME like that?!)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Well I guess everyone reacts to things differently.

The OPs message did not seem like an attack to me. Seemed like an opportunity to learn something they might not have known. She did invite them to check out the forum...

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
Tom said:
Well I guess everyone reacts to things differently.

The OPs message did not seem like an attack to me. Seemed like an opportunity to learn something they might not have known. She did invite them to check out the forum...

Can't teach old dogs new tricks that are not willing to learn! But you can try because if even one in a hundred learns one thing- you've done something to improve the life of 1! Otherwise between this post and the one before.... Good advise TOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.