Trevor's 1st Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Cake made of Mazuri, butternut squash baby food, and edible flowers. He loved it!

9gv6et.jpg

1fwtw7.jpg

2e5ry2c.jpg

xl9x1v.jpg

2m5ezp5.jpg

First Video

Second Video

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
NICE HAT! :D

Trevor is beautiful. He's got quite the little mug.

You should post a plasteron pic, so Danny can take a peek and make sure he's still a boy. I just had him double check Noushka, and she's still a little lady.

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Happy 1st Birthday Trevor, glad he enjoyed his 'cake'! x

M

Maggie Cummings

OMG! What great beautiful clear colorful pictures. And the tort is cute too!

Happy Birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Trevor happy birthday to you...(sung in a high screechy voice):D

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sheesh kebab, what an awesome cake !! Trevor looked like he was in absolute HEAVEN !!!!! He is soooo cute man, love the pic with the hat !!!! I love the 2nd pic as well with all the cake on his face :p Cutie patootie !!! HAAAAPPPPY BIRRRRRTHDDDDAAAAY TREVORRRRR!!!!!! (we don't know when Tallula was born, so we'll make her 6th birthday in Feb as thats when we got her, and shes about 5yrs old hehe). So Trevor is a Leo? Haha (star sign!)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Happy Birthday Trevor!!!
OMG Kate, I am sure he had a lot of fun, he looks very happy. His cake looks yummmmiiii and I love the hat. Thanks for sharing the pictures and videos of your beautiful little Trevor :D

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Cute, but you gave him all good foods....birthdays are about eating lots of crap! For him that might be strawberries and Romain!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TREVOR!!!

1198698cwktgtemax.gif

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Kate, What great photos. Looks like Trevor really enjoyed his birthday cake :D Oh and Blue and Green are definitely his colors. Love the hat. and those videos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing Trevors Birthday with us :)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
In that last shot, Trevor kinda looks like the travelosity knome!!
Nice pics.
Na

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow look at that "cake" !! What a spoiled little guy :)
I love the hat :D

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awww such wonderful comments!

I usually forget to feed him Mazuri so he only gets it maybe every 2 weeks, and usually one pellet (that was 5 but he didn't eat more than 3 or 4 pellets). The squash he loves. The flowers were his first flowers! At $6 they were a splurge. I really need to get a garden going. I won't feed him fruit, even on a birthday. He gets romaine a lot with the spring mix though. Guess I'm overprotective like that. He gets carrot every month or so, and the squash every couple weeks. I got the hat idea on the forum. :)

For me the plate was a fun part since I just set him on the plate and I thought it looked funny that he and his cake were on the plate. He went at it for about 30 minutes before walking away (I was snapping pictures the whole time to his dismay), so I took the mess away and gave him a bath since we had to leave the house.

How does his shell look? I see the tiniest of pyramiding, or maybe just fast/high growth.

I have tons more pictures but this might be all that gets up here since they were the best. About 100 to get 10 good ones!

Meg-I don't even know if I want to pay attention to his sex, because his name isn't changing! lol I guess if he never shows himself I can just assume he's shy, but if he does than I can confirm it. hehe How big is Anouk now? Trevor is 76mm and 123 grams (waiting for him to grow a little; he has some chub right now).

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I waited to post on this, until Noushka was the same age. She topped out at 174 grams, and 3 12/16" SCL. In other words, 3 3/4 inches.

I can't believe she's gotten so big so quickly! Come Christmas season, she'll get a new bin, the same one Nigel is in. Its 49 inches long, and 18 inches wide. She's such alittle bulldozer. She's outgrown her baby log for the most part...She moves it around like its a piece of paper now. I can wait to see what she does with all the extra space. I'm gonna snap up one of those bins as soon as they are in stores again.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh my gosh I love his little birthday hat. I wish I could figure out how to post videos of Dale on here. I loved watching the ones of Trevor he is the cutest little russian. :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Kate, I would say that the second picture should be a perfect entry picture for the calendar contest. :)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Too bad I already entered another pic in the photo contest. The one I entered is my favorite of him (my husband actually took it).

Meg-The baby is huge! Wow. I thought Trevor grew fast but Anouk beat him by a ton. Different species too though. Lucky me we built him a huge table (8 sq ft). He's just now starting to explore the whole thing. I meant to block off part of it when we got him but he has too many cage furnishings. I redecorate a lot so hopefully he doesn't feel closed in. We'll build a second story on part of it once he's closer to full size, and hope he doesn't get too big....hoping for about 5 inches or else we'll probably want a bigger enclosure.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures Kate :)

Oh go ahead and post a plastron picture :p

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.