Travel set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
From feb-jun I will be in another city for my work and I have someone watching all the animals but want to take the newest desert tort with me so that I can be assured he gets the proper care. I was wondering if any one had a suggestion for a temp set up? Something easily portable would be great as on most weekends I will be at my sisters then the week would be spent at work.
If it helps the tort is only 6-7 in scl and I don't thin

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
I'm going on my honeymoon in June, and Emrys is going to be living with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for two weeks.

What I've done is purchased one of those indoor guinea pig houses. It has a decent amount of floor space (enough room for his water bowl, food and some walking space), high enough sides and an in-built plastic hide. There's no way to fit any kind of light to it, but I'll be requesting that it's put outside in their garden as often as possible to get the natural light and that they carefully monitor temperatures inside their house (though it's summer, and I'm sure he'll be fine).

This is the one:

823306.jpg

My only problem with it (and it's a minor one) is that for some reason despite the fact that guinea pigs are only short creatures they felt the need to make the metal sides extremely tall. This means that the cage looks pretty imposing, and also in my small car that the only way to transport it will be to fold the back seats down and put it in the boot at a slight angle for the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.