Torts and Ponds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsross1970

5 Year Member
O.K. I was wondering if I could keep a small pond in a redfoots outdoor enclosure? Do you think that the tortoise would try to get in and drown? Or do you think that he may be smart enough to stay away from the edge? Of course it would be lined with large rockery however you know torts do like to climb sometimes. Anyways I would love some feedback on this. Thanks...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I have a stream in my Cherry Head's enclosure. It narrows down to a small pond with a deep end that he can just about stick his head up. He spends a lot of time in there on hot days sitting on a piece of slate that covers the filter....just sitting a looking for hours until the sun goes down.

008-11.jpg

028-3.jpg

One day he just chilled there with two legs in the water and fell asleep.
044-2.jpg

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Terry, We are rebuilding my tort pen. I notice some small green plants in your last two pics. One (the last pic) he is sitting on, and the other is to the side and in the water, do you know what it is??
Seems 90 per cent of all the plants I have in my yard are not good, so I need to get some just for the torts!!
Thanks Na

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Terry Pio is so lucky to have a pond like that in his enclosure. Dale is jealous now and begging for me to get off of my computer and make him one. :D :p

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
terryo said:
I have a stream in my Cherry Head's enclosure.....
I just ***dig** your set up Terry~ :)
LQQKS like EAST VS. WEST .... ;);):p
JD~:)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Candy...with your size yard, you could make one that will make Pio jealous. LOL

Nay...That's Irish moss. It makes little white flowers, and comes back every year, and spreads. Or, do you mean the creeping jenny? That's a ground cover too, and spreads more and more each year. It can become invasive if you don't keep up on it.

JD...Thank you, but you're still the king. I go crazy everytime I see yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.