Tortoise vs Hare

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
That is one of the most brilliant videos I have ever seen.:)
Brought a tear to my eye.
Thank you for sharing.

That's fantastic. Just like the story. Thanks for sharing.

Well, it's been a while since I read/saw the story, but I recall the hare actually trying to catch up once it saw that the tortoise was in the lead. The crucial difference here seems to be that the hare clearly sees the tortoise pulling ahead and just plain doesn't care. It's not so much that the hare lost, it's more a case of the hare simply refusing to participate at all.

Although, to be fair, I very much doubt that the tortoise cares either. I find it very unlikely that either of those animals realizes that they were involved in a race. And even if they did, I also doubt that either one has any real incentive to try to win.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Well, it's been a while since I read/saw the story, but I recall the hare actually trying to catch up once it saw that the tortoise was in the lead. The crucial difference here seems to be that the hare clearly sees the tortoise pulling ahead and just plain doesn't care. It's not so much that the hare lost, it's more a case of the hare simply refusing to participate at all.

Although, to be fair, I very much doubt that the tortoise cares either. I find it very unlikely that either of those animals realizes that they were involved in a race. And even if they did, I also doubt that either one has any real incentive to try to win.
But it's another excuse to watch a cute animal video! :p Thanks for sharing!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Wonderful!
(Do you think bunny was paid to throw the race? I bet he was;))

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
My hawk wants to meet the bunny.
Your hawks are beautiful! We have a Buteo jamaicensis that dive bombs our back yard occasionally. Song birds scatter and disappear!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
2qiwto6.jpg

See those two bits of fluff in the back ground? That is a souvenir from the worlds luckiest jack rabbit. That jack would have outrun any tortoise on that day...