Tortoise Towel Wrap

brodie7838

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Collins, CO
I've been wrapping Taco in a towel to carry her back from her morning soak on account of it still being a bit chilly here.

The first time I did this she wanted nothing to do with it but her demeanor changed quickly once she felt the fabric, and now she will nestle in and stay in there for ages, especially if I put her in a morning sunbeam like this.

It has become a part of her morning routine - just need a little shower cap to complete the look lol

Attachments

• Tortoise Towel Sun Soak.jpg
    Tortoise Towel Sun Soak.jpg
    722.9 KB · Views: 2

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
That is so cute. I wish mine was like it! My adult Russian hates being dried with a towel, especially drying his legs and head is really hard. He kicks and scratches when I dry him. He is otherwise fairly calm, used to humans and likes to be handled, but at least for now he hates bath time and being dryed with a towel...

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
So cute! I dry ours with a towel if I’m there during her soak day, she happily lies on my chest for a bit nestled into the it like yours, I give her a little head rub, she doesn’t tuck in and closes her eyes, so I think she finds it comforting bless her🥹
Aside from after her soaks and check overs she’s on the constant plod haha😂

brodie7838

Fort Collins, CO
She feels secure that way.
A tortoise being carried with its legs dangling is a scared tortoise
I figured this to be the case, I always make sure to support her legs after reading one of your posts about it here and being wrapped in the towel seems to be even better. She's normally very shy but wrapped in the towel she puts her neck way out and is curiously gawking at everything in sight as we walk back.

he hates bath time and being dryed with a towel
I thought I was the only one, but Taco actually doesn't seem to particularly like bath time much either! My bathroom has those halogen spotlight type lights which make scary shadows, and the sound of the tub filling or draining sends her scurrying. She'd definitely never let me dry her lol

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Be careful they don't start to nibble the fabric, my tort tries to take a bite out of towels (and mops etc) and that could be a choking hazard.
I let my tort dry naturally under his lamp - helps with humidity for the shell.

_The_Beast_

Canada
So cute! I don't dry my Russian off after their bath - they just go back under their basking lamp in their enclosure and dry off that way :)

Anastasia 22

Texas
That is so cute. I wish mine was like it! My adult Russian hates being dried with a towel, especially drying his legs and head is really hard. He kicks and scratches when I dry him. He is otherwise fairly calm, used to humans and likes to be handled, but at least for now he hates bath time and being dryed with a towel...
Russians have attitude) My boy does the same while I am drying him.