Tortoise table setup ideas

pip the cherryhead

Hello everyone! I am wondering how everyone else has setup their tortoise table for a cherryhead tortoise ? Mne is pretty plain and borring at the moment so was hoping for some ideas!!
Thanks
P.s please feel free to post pictures!!!

kdub

Location (City and/or State)
Clearwater, FL
You will probably need a partial to full covering to keep in humidity. I planted my enclosure with some easy to grow seeds and some aloe from my yard and my little guy loves to nibble on the sprouts. He looks like a tiny dinosaur when he eats the live plants, it's so cool!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Hi had my redfoots in the exact same table as you have at 1st, I had a nightmare keeping the humidity up. I ended up putting a transparent perspex sheet over the open area with a hole cut out where the heat bulb was, then I did away with that and put the lid off of a propagator in and used it as mini humid greenhouse, That worked well. Eventually I did away with that and now I have them in vivarium which is so much easier to control the temp and humidity. Where abouts are you from.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
View attachment 112585
This is my table it is 48inches by 24 inches
ThAnks
You can do a lot!!! Put more hides, fake tall plants, larger flat rocks. I would love to take a pick of mine but mine is very boring now & pretty much torn apart as I'm getting ready to do something different for my torts. It's taking a lot longer than expected only because I didn't know what I wanted to do!? But it looks great :) @pfara covers their table and that's what I did with shower curtains, it was a great idea I got from them or what @Anyfoot stated too! You can work with it. By the way...as I just rambled on, is this for a cherryhead tortoise??

tortnmutt

Washington Coast
Hi had my redfoots in the exact same table as you have at 1st, I had a nightmare keeping the humidity up. I ended up putting a transparent perspex sheet over the open area with a hole cut out where the heat bulb was, then I did away with that and put the lid off of a propagator in and used it as mini humid greenhouse, That worked well. Eventually I did away with that and now I have them in vivarium which is so much easier to control the temp and humidity. Where abouts are you from.

what is perspex?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Ok. You guys on the other side of the pond call it plexiglass. Live and learn.:)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Guessing they meant to put plexiglass?
Its funny some of the different lingo that we use. I do business with some guys in Illinois, they came over to see me earlier in the year, we got chatting about all sorts of things, I asked him what is the cost of petrol in the USA. He looked at me gone out, You guys call it gasoline. Well the banter started and went on for ages. Still say I'm right, petrol is a fluid and gasoline is a gas. lol :)

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Its funny some of the different lingo that we use. I do business with some guys in Illinois, they came over to see me earlier in the year, we got chatting about all sorts of things, I asked him what is the cost of petrol in the USA. He looked at me gone out, You guys call it gasoline. Well the banter started and went on for ages. Still say I'm right, petrol is a fluid and gasoline is a gas. lol :)
Hahaha! Yes we're odd! It varies in each state too. Like Detroiters (Michigan) call soda POP.