Tortoise Table question

Willic29

Location (City and/or State)
Buffalo
Hello, I’m Collin and this is my first time on here. I have a Russian tortoise who I like to get outside as much as possible. Once I let him loose in the yard he’ll trek across the whole thing no problem. It’s crazy seeing how far and fast these animals can travel when given the space. Anyway, I know the exercise is good for him, but with winter here, he’s gotta stay indoors. The enclosure he’s in right now is a tad cramped. He has room to burrow and move around, but I still want him to be able to stretch his legs a bit more. I built him a bigger enclosure out of wood that should be perfect for him. The only problem is that I sealed it with Thompson’s water sealant without doing research before hand. Probably a stupid idea on my part. Anyway, the enclosure has been drying out for over three weeks. Does anybody know whether or not It would safe to put him in the new enclosure with the sealant?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's probably ok now, after three weeks. If you have any sunny days, put it out in the sun all day long. My friend Google says it's environmentally friendly and will not harm fish and animals.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
. . . oh, and - Welcome to the Forum!