tortoise shopping spree arrived!

Jazenami

Just some pics of my fixed lighting in the storage tubs. I got the lamp stand and put lids over the top to hold some heat in. The heat humidity gauge tells me the basking spot is 100 degrees F and 60 % humidity. Is that good humidity? I'm sure it will go down as the substrate dries out, I just moistened it all. I also secured his UV light with clothesline to hang below the screen mesh.
Is it possible for a tortoise to get sick of people? I feel like he wants me to stop messing with his stuff lol.

Attachments

• 20140225_200028.jpg
    20140225_200028.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
  • 20140225_194957.jpg
    20140225_194957.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't see a water dish, you do have one in there correct? Also, the gauge you are using for temp and humidity, if I am correct in the type it is, they are not worth a dime, very inaccurate. Best to get a temp gun and a digital therm/humidity gauge, the kind with a probe. A good humidity for an adult Russian is around 30 percent.

Jazenami

wellington said:
I don't see a water dish, you do have one in there correct? Also, the gauge you are using for temp and humidity, if I am correct in the type it is, they are not worth a dime, very inaccurate. Best to get a temp gun and a digital therm/humidity gauge, the kind with a probe. A good humidity for an adult Russian is around 30 percent.

I do, it's a shallow water dish on the other side.
Damn! I had posted I was gonna buy this and no one said anything lol. Oh well. I wonder if I can find out how "off" it is I can just figure it out from there whenever I read it..

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry, didn't see it earlier. Get a temp gun, 25.00 or less at Home Depot or probably even a hardware store. Then at least you will have that too go along with the gauge you have. You can also try to return it if you purchased it locally.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
But otherwise,it is looking great.

I bought those when I started too, we all have to learn.
I like the size, the substrate, lighting, etc. So you have done a lot of things right!