Tortoise shell flaking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon1987

5 Year Member
My 17 year old tortoise that I rescued has had shell flaking since I got him, he is really small for his age as well, the pervious owners did not care for him properly. I am wondering if any of you have seen this flaking before and how I can treat it? maybe you know what it is? Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Can you post a pic and give us as much info on how you are housing him.

Bacon1987

5 Year Member
i'm trying to figure out how to add a pic every time I browse a attachment and pot it does do anything, I tried add attachment and still nothing

Bacon1987

5 Year Member
im having trouble posting a pic I try adding attachment it doesn't work can you help me figure out to add a pic

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I use photo bucket. It's easier for me. I don't even remember how to use the forums photo attaching, sorry. Also, several members have been having trouble attaching photos.
In the mean time, where are you located? And give us a run down of the enclosure, temps and humidity.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, I don't have an answer for you. But someone will be on soon to give some help or ideas.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Where on the shell is this happening? Is it at the top of the carapace? Did this tortoise have an over head heat source with its last owner?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Looks like dry rot. Wash him down with some water, soak him. It can also be treated with some anti fungal cream. Mainly just to keep moisture inside.

Bacon1987

5 Year Member
thanx everyone, if you send me a private message please resend it to this account, I cant seem to log back in to the other one. so I made a new one.

Bacon1987

5 Year Member
its happening all over his shell, and now the pervious owners had no heat on him at all he spend all winter out side with no heat .
Tom said:
Where on the shell is this happening? Is it at the top of the carapace? Did this tortoise have an over head heat source with its last owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.