Tortoise refusing beak trim, what will help?

LudusPlus

Location (City and/or State)
Sheffield
@zolasmum 20231006_083352.jpg

He has no regard for that cuttlebone he's sat on lol.

He's been in this enclosure for many years which sucks since its glass front but I've added a little barrier in the front and he seems okay until I sort out an upgrade.

LudusPlus

Sheffield
(I've been advised by Tom to remove the fiber lining and dried bedding in this picture by the way so it will be gone soon. I'm always scared someone's going to see my pics & assume it's what they need to be doing lol)

zolasmum

5 Year Member
(I've been advised by Tom to remove the fiber lining and dried bedding in this picture by the way so it will be gone soon. I'm always scared someone's going to see my pics & assume it's what they need to be doing lol)
I don't think you need worry about how his enclosure looks, as anyone who looks at your thread will realise it's a work in progress - and it's great that he is so pleased to see you ! I was wondering if he was bored when your parents had him, apart from the other stuff, and now he is finding life more interesting altogether. Did he go outside in your garden then?
Angie

LudusPlus

Sheffield
I don't think you need worry about how his enclosure looks, as anyone who looks at your thread will realise it's a work in progress - and it's great that he is so pleased to see you ! I was wondering if he was bored when your parents had him, apart from the other stuff, and now he is finding life more interesting altogether. Did he go outside in your garden then?
Angie

He went in my parents garden a couple of times but they got a large dog and he's been confined in his box ever since. They let him free roam the house before they got the dog... he got stood on more than once.

He doesn't roam our flat at all now (sometimes if he's being awkward after a bath I watch him run around until he dries off a bit lol) but his enclosure has rocks, a log and a much bigger hide. I move things around as well quite often. And his diet is way more exciting than before.

I only have a balcony at the moment with glass railings so whilst I'd love him to get some natural sun I need a little outdoor vacation table for him or something first lol.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
He went in my parents garden a couple of times but they got a large dog and he's been confined in his box ever since. They let him free roam the house before they got the dog... he got stood on more than once.

He doesn't roam our flat at all now (sometimes if he's being awkward after a bath I watch him run around until he dries off a bit lol) but his enclosure has rocks, a log and a much bigger hide. I move things around as well quite often. And his diet is way more exciting than before.

I only have a balcony at the moment with glass railings so whilst I'd love him to get some natural sun I need a little outdoor vacation table for him or something first lol.
I'm sure he is enjoying all that, and he will be very happy with his new life !!
Angie

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
This time of the year the plastic kiddie pools usually go on sale. I bought 4 a few years ago for $5 they were the very large ones. I bought them for my Labrador to soak in and now two are for my tortoises for some outside time. You might be able to find something similar for your belcony.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I agree with Angie. Everyone here knows you are trying to do your best and improve the life of your tortoise 💕🐢. so just share. Maybe there'll be an answer someone else needs while they are browsing the forum looking for answers.🤗