Tortoise quirks ???

newCH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So.FL
Hey all,
I was just wondering what quirks your torts have .....
Since I have only had Sheldon 5 weeks now, I have noticed that he eats better
when his food is not mixed together, kept in seperate piles where he eats.
I suppose they are seperate individuals just like people, and I know I
have my own quirks too ! (my husband would laugh at that !!!)
What quirks do your torts have ?

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
One of my little ones is killing me it's so stinking cute. I reach in the cage with the little white plate I deliver the food on. The tortoise stands there and stretches up with its mouth held open. It's like he wants the food just poured into its mouth.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
That is way cute keepergale. I have a Leopard tortoise that fills his water dish every day with substrate. I mean fills and every day. It drives me crazy.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
my red foot igor or eye's for short ( young frankenstein reference) is bold comings running anytime he sees me opening his doors and actually trys to jump of them lol i have sliders

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
How fast my leopard tort will run to his food fish after i put mazuri on it. As opposed to when there's greens on it and he just wanders to it.

Scooter is the same on protein day! Something about cat food mixture just makes him act like a junky seeing some schedule 4 narcotics. It is quite literally gone in the blink of an eye, not figuratively, literally … And then he has his adorable I have food all over my face on …

<---- Then again, he's always got some form of food dangling from his mouth :p I took that picture when he was just walking around his enclosure like it was no biggie … He is such a piglet, how could you not love him? <3

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Oh jeffjeff that is a fantastic pic, talk about vegging out lol!! :)

VBgecko

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
I love the way he balances on a rock.
View attachment 111438

GotTort, I like your profile picture better :p

Russians crack me up … I'm not sure if it's their round carapace with two toothpick stumps in the back or what, but you guys in the Russians need to start a thread filled with pictures of them just from the back climbing or rear legs stretched out … Like seriously, a Russian booty thread :p :p

katfinlou

5 Year Member
GotTort, I like your profile picture better :p

Russians crack me up … I'm not sure if it's their round carapace with two toothpick stumps in the back or what, but you guys in the Russians need to start a thread filled with pictures of them just from the back climbing or rear legs stretched out … Like seriously, a Russian booty thread :p :p

Definitely a must, along with @moozillions poopsie appreciation page lol :) these pics have cheered me up no end