Tortoise Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpeltola

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
My little guy and I have developed a little game while he's outside getting his exercise :) It's very easy to see why Russians are considered escape artists...he cal practically climb straight up the side of a smooth fence.

What I do is set up some obstacles for him to either get around or over, and he gladly accepts the challenge and just bulldozes his way over and through :p

Today I got out some chunks of firewood and set up a little course for him to go through. There's a clear way out and some of the time he would find it and walk across the yard and all the way back. Other times, he would take his time and just climb over the wood (large pieces BTW)

We had a good time and he seems to enjoy the challenge. Here's some pics I snapped today of Boris having a good time. Thanks for reading!

- Bill

P1020362-1.jpg

P1020363-1.jpg

P1020346.jpg

P1020359-1.jpg

P1020340.jpg

P1020360-1.jpg

P1020361-1.jpg

P1020367-1.jpg

P1020368-1.jpg

P1020369-1.jpg

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
That's one gold medalist right there! :)!! We kind of did the same thing today-- but need the hurdles you have :) we did a distance climb! it was a photo finish! :)

image-1098523883.png

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
He loves the challenge! He looks very healthy.
Is there an outside enclosure in his future? (very secure, of course!)

(Diane K, your pic did not show up :( )

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Ok, take two! Hoping the image loads this time :) was...
That's one gold medalist right there! :)!! We kind of did the same thing today-- but need the hurdles you have :) we did a distance climb! it was a photo finish! :)

image-2531614780.png

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
What a fantastic idea! I don't have a yard, but I believe I can safely set up a play area for this indoors. Thank you so much for the idea!

wpeltola

5 Year Member
Indiana
Thanks everyone for the great comments! Boris is a good little tort and loves a challenge :) He's almost self-maintaining when he's outside in that he will go over a log, walk around, and go right back over it again, lol

I'm still somewhat a new tort owner (just over two months now) and I think we've bonded pretty well. I do my best to keep him healthy and happy.

SailingMystic, do get your pic to show up, first upload it to a file sharing site (I use photobucket) and then user the following codes with no spaces
I hope this help...PM me if you have more issues and I can help further :)

I'm going to build him a fantastic outdoor enclosure later this summer :D

Here's a few more of the little squirt trying to break the speed record..

P1020354-1.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
ascott said:
That is fun and awesome....tort in training.... :p

Hoping this images goes through :) My two racing (tort vs. turtle) :)... Herbie vs. Hemi a "photo finish" up hill climb!!

Attachments

• Herbie and Hemi Photo finish.jpg
    Herbie and Hemi Photo finish.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 14

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
wpeltola said:
Thanks everyone for the great comments! Boris is a good little tort and loves a challenge :) He's almost self-maintaining when he's outside in that he will go over a log, walk around, and go right back over it again, lol

I'm still somewhat a new tort owner (just over two months now) and I think we've bonded pretty well. I do my best to keep him healthy and happy.

SailingMystic, do get your pic to show up, first upload it to a file sharing site (I use photobucket) and then user the following codes with no spaces I hope this help...PM me if you have more issues and I can help further :)

I'm going to build him a fantastic outdoor enclosure later this summer :D

Here's a few more of the little squirt trying to break the speed record..

Thanks for the photo upload help. I updates my phone and now I can't upload images :( need to figure out why-- I have more to share :)

Status
Not open for further replies.