Tortoise food

Jessica Yue

Location (City and/or State)
Fremont, CA
Mazuri is better or Zoo Med is better? Mazuri looks having a very higher protein percentage. And Zoo med has higher fiber percentage and lower protein percentage

I heard tortoise needs to be fed in low protein and high fiber?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mazuri is better or Zoo Med is better? Mazuri looks having a very higher protein percentage. And Zoo med has higher fiber percentage and lower protein percentage

I heard tortoise needs to be fed in low protein and high fiber?
Both are good supplemental foods. I like and use both at different times. The Zoomed looks better on paper, but most tortoises hate it at first and need a lengthy introduction period. Its worth the time to introduce it because its a great way to add fiber and variety to grocery store produce.

Also look into all the dried foods from @Kapidolo Farms . Many fantastic food items to mix in there.

Jessica Yue

Fremont, CA
Both are good supplemental foods. I like and use both at different times. The Zoomed looks better on paper, but most tortoises hate it at first and need a lengthy introduction period. Its worth the time to introduce it because its a great way to add fiber and variety to grocery store produce.

Also look into all the dried foods from @Kapidolo Farms . Many fantastic food items to mix in there.
how to use the dried food? Soaked with water to make them soft before feeding?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
how to use the dried food? Soaked with water to make them soft before feeding?
I soak all pelleted type foods and mix with greens. For the dried foods from Kapidolo Farms, I wet the greens, sprinkle the dried stuff on top, and mix it all in. Some times I use a little bit of grated up cucumber or zucchini to mix in and really make the stuff stick to the greens.