Tortoise birthday!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Well, exactly a year ago from today I purchased my little tortoise, Ginger. She turned about five years old today! :) I am so blessed to have her! I made her a triple layer cake of zucchini, cucumber, and squash with pumpkin frosting. ;) She was a little cautious at first but when she dug in, she loved it!gbday 002.JPG gbday 007.JPG

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
Great pics and ,
t3312.gif
Ginger ! :p

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Thanks! Ginger says thank you in tort language. ;) I've given her so much food today, she'll probably weigh another pound!

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Thank you all! She's been very spoiled today. :) I think I appreciate your birthday wishes much more that she does, however. ;) A black snake came to wish Ginger a happy birthday outside today... so back inside we went!!! (Ginger didn't even notice the snake, but I freaked out and scooped her up and ran inside!!) :eek:

jockma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles County
Aww, I always felt like I couldn't celebrate birthdays with my tort because I have no idea how old he is or what time of year he was hatched. :p I always fantasize about cakes I'd make him if I did know, though, seeing the cakes on here. Maybe I can celebrate "The Day You Came Into My Life At A Skeevy Pet Supply Store" instead. :D

GingerLove

5 Year Member
Ha! That's exactly what I do. I'm only guessing she turned five, but I wrote down the day I bought her, and made that her birthday. :)