Torta-Paluza at Sulcata_Sandy's!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
tffnytorts said:
Every tortoise THINKS he's big :p :D

[PURPLE HEART][PURPLE HEART][PURPLE HEART][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Except my Baby Runt Brig. She was so cute yesterday. I was in Tahahassee and was looking for a park to take Baby Runt to (yes, I took her along for the trip because no one can care for her like I can). I found a large patch of green grass and put her down. After a while, she started to roam. She tried to eat a withered leaf on the ground but couldn't reach it. After a while she was getting a little far away, so I started to sing my song. She heard it, and did a 180 degree turn toward the voice. When she got about 10 feet away, she recognized me and did a beeline toward me. It was as if she got lost, and when she found me, she ran as if her life depended on it. I found that to be sooo cute.

Thanks Sandy for the website:)

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
sibi said:
Except my Baby Runt Brig. She was so cute yesterday. I was in Tahahassee and was looking for a park to take Baby Runt to (yes, I took her along for the trip because no one can care for her like I can). I found a large patch of green grass and put her down. After a while, she started to roam. She tried to eat a withered leaf on the ground but couldn't reach it. After a while she was getting a little far away, so I started to sing my song. She heard it, and did a 180 degree turn toward the voice. When she got about 10 feet away, she recognized me and did a beeline toward me. It was as if she got lost, and when she found me, she ran as if her life depended on it. I found that to be sooo cute.

Thanks Sandy for the website:)

So, so, so cute!!!!!!! I take Mo with me to dog shows, and he has his own xpen. He travels very well.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Breakfast in bed! Literally!

This is Oliver's temporary heated hide. He loves it. Even while I was setting it up on day one, he crawled in it before I could finish getting it ready. Stays 85°.
Today the breakfast menu includes several pounds of lettuces, a few broccoli trimmings, carrots, and hibiscus. Mmmmmmmmmm

ImageUploadedByTortForum1384355567.237925.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortForum1384355739.178945.jpg

Well used dog crate [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Contrary to popular belief, I do not allow my dogs to run unsupervised with Oliver (who is the only tortoise they would have access to during the winter).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:

That is such a sweet and charming story, Sibi. When I was in the semitruck, I would take various tortoises and turtles along with me. It was a bunch of work, but kept away my tortoise withdrawals. :rolleyes:

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Jacqui said:
sibi said:

That is such a sweet and charming story, Sibi. When I was in the semitruck, I would take various tortoises and turtles along with me. It was a bunch of work, but kept away my tortoise withdrawals. :rolleyes:

I take Mo with me to dog shows. He even got his picture taken!!! He's a huge hit and creates a lot of awareness with already hard code animal advocates.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Sandy the picture of all your guys soaking reminds me of one Tom shared a while back of his many hatchlings in the bath. Both of the images make me think of some kind of tortoise version of Burke Williams spa. All that's missing is the fluffy robes.

I'm gonna try the rock thing with my DTs when they wake up after brumation. They often soak in Superman pose with their heads resting on their front legs. I bet they'd love a stone to rest their heads on.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
ImageUploadedByTortForum1384370841.009684.jpg
Oliver getting some late morning outside time.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1384370867.053977.jpg
Lester, my foster Russian...he wants out, too

ImageUploadedByTortForum1384370967.517310.jpg

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Love Oliver exploring the yard and all those awesome Fall Leaves!!! Living in the Desert we don't get to see alot of fall colors and when we do, it's really exciting for us. Sort of like large amounts of grass, I slow way down just to soak in the colors and beauty and if I get a chance, wiggle my bare feet into soft grass....oh heavenly! I'm hoping to get some grasses growing strong in the tortoise enclosures this year, came pretty close last year, but the bunnies and torts ate it to the roots and had it gone in a few weeks. Try, try again. lol

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
TigsMom said:
Love Oliver exploring the yard and all those awesome Fall Leaves!!! Living in the Desert we don't get to see alot of fall colors and when we do, it's really exciting for us. Sort of like large amounts of grass, I slow way down just to soak in the colors and beauty and if I get a chance, wiggle my bare feet into soft grass....oh heavenly! I'm hoping to get some grasses growing strong in the tortoise enclosures this year, came pretty close last year, but the bunnies and torts ate it to the roots and had it gone in a few weeks. Try, try again. lol

:D That's why I love my cold weather for it brings me these things. Nebraska, doesn't get the high numbers of awesome red leaves, but we get the yellows. I make use of those leaves in the enclosures, especially the hingeback ones. My inside cats love it and you should see what damage they can do, if they get into a bag of leaves. I also love walking through the leaves and making noises with them. (Yes, I am just a big kid). Need me to send you some leaves? :D

TigsMom said:
Try, try again. lol

That's me with cactus. ...and figs. :D Someday I will win the war!!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Great pic with Oliver outside [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

I can send you as many cacti you want!!ImageUploadedByTortForum1384376075.966608.jpg

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Thanks! I don't have to worry about people jumping the fence in that part of the yard [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I would guess not. Especially folks like me, who are a magnet for all those tiny little sharpies on them.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Jacqui said:
TigsMom said:

:D That's why I love my cold weather for it brings me these things. Nebraska, doesn't get the high numbers of awesome red leaves, but we get the yellows. I make use of those leaves in the enclosures, especially the hingeback ones. My inside cats love it and you should see what damage they can do, if they get into a bag of leaves. I also love walking through the leaves and making noises with them. (Yes, I am just a big kid). Need me to send you some leaves? :D

TigsMom said:
Try, try again. lol

That's me with cactus. ...and figs. :D Someday I will win the war!!

Thank you for the offer to send leaves. I can get family to bring them from their homes or bring a bag home with me when I go to visit them. I run around with trash bags and ziplocks to grab up leaves and dandelion blooms to add to the enclosures here. Yep, the little kid comes out when I see dandelions and leaves. hahaha FIGS who are the Figs for? your tortoises? you? both? lol I didn't know tortoises ate Figs.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
TigsMom said:
Thank you for the offer to send leaves. I can get family to bring them from their homes or bring a bag home with me when I go to visit them. I run around with trash bags and ziplocks to grab up leaves and dandelion blooms to add to the enclosures here. Yep, the little kid comes out when I see dandelions and leaves. hahaha FIGS who are the Figs for? your tortoises? you? both? lol I didn't know tortoises ate Figs.

Not me, I don't like most fruit, but do try anything I get for my tortoises and I am always looking for something new to try. I had read that hingebacks really love them. My hingebacks did not, but my redfoot/cherryheads loved figs.

Sorry Sandy that we are sorta taking your thread off topic.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Jacqui said:
TigsMom said:

Not me, I don't like most fruit, but do try anything I get for my tortoises and I am always looking for something new to try. I had read that hingebacks really love them. My hingebacks did not, but my redfoot/cherryheads loved figs.

Sorry Sandy that we are sorta taking your thread off topic.

Hey, I enjoyed it!!! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GROWING HEART][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Sulcata_Sandy said:
Now THIS is one relaxed Sulcata.

Does anyone else hear Bob Marley songs in their head when they look at this picture? He looks so mellow, Stir it Up starts playing in my mind...