Tort separation anxiety (mine, not theirs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
I'm leaving on a business trip and it's the first time I'll be away from my torts overnight since we adopted them in April. Hubby is in charge for the two nights and I know it'll be fine, but I still feel weird leaving them for the first time. Anybody else ever get weird about leaving your torts? Sheesh. What has happened to me?

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Definitely understand. I just went on a week long missions trip out of state and it felt like torture. I just can't seem to trust anyone else fully to take care of them like I do. Of course she got sick while I was gone and I was a basket case. Never again. I don't know what I'm going to do in the future but ill have to think of something. Write out a long instructions manual. It's hard to go places when you have these babies. I don't travel nearly as much as I use to.

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
I got a tort the same week i was going out of state for vacation, and it came to me already sick, and the friend I had set up to watch him cancelled literally the morning I was leaving. It was for 3 days, 2 nights. But I loaded up the food dish, filled up the water and hoped for the best. (I know it wasn't a smart idea or the best option but seriously had no other choice) I drove home from the trip going 80 mph in a 70 trying to get home as fast as i could to him. But there was no need to rush, he had eaten some lettuce and been in his water dish and he was perfectly fine :) You have someone watching him at least, your tort will be fine.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
thatrebecca said:
I'm leaving on a business trip and it's the first time I'll be away from my torts overnight since we adopted them in April. Hubby is in charge for the two nights and I know it'll be fine, but I still feel weird leaving them for the first time. Anybody else ever get weird about leaving your torts? Sheesh. What has happened to me?

On this forum, you are completely and utterly normal.

samsmom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CedarCreekLake, Texas
sounds normal to me but then again no one has ever accused me of being normal so.....

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
Hahaha, last weekend I left town for three days and left the hubby at home with two kids, the dog and my tort. I was so worried. I knew he'd feed the children and the dog, But I worried about my tort. I had to call daily and remind him to fed him and what to do with the lights. Lucky enough my 10yr old has been watching and helping so it became him job to do. :)

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Yup! You are amongst "normal" company [FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD]I have to leave my torts all the time when go out town for work, which is sometimes a week at a time. Between my boyfriend and his daughter, the torts do well when I'm gone. Of course, it's never to my standards, and I drive them nuts because I always want pics and updates the torts do pout when I'm gone, but they are thriving because they all have beautiful shells and nice pink growth lines! So, I guess I'm doing something right

Life is good

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for making me feel better, everybody! I'm at the airport headed back this afternoon and can't wait to see the little guys. I will say, one thing that helps is reading everybody else's posts about their torts.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Anytime [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Life is good

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Airport layover. 2nd biz trip in 2 weeks. Missing hubster and the torts. Fortunately they take good care of each other, but this homebody wants to be home, tucking her two DTs in for the night.

Everybody please post a lot of cool pix/stories/questions so I can live vicariously through you and your torts for a few days...

Status
Not open for further replies.