Tort Resort HELP

Frannikay

5 Year Member
Hello fellow tortoise parents,

I got my pet Greek tortoise about a year ago. He has a (very small) indoor enclosure. I know it is bad for him to be so pent up all the time, so I let him outside in the backyard often (keeping a watchful eye on him, of course). However, there has been a new member of our neighborhood recently... a hawk! I can't bring myself to take him outside anymore because I am so scared. I know its really bad for him to be in this 50 gallon "house" all the time, but there isn't a whole lot of room to expand. HELP! What should I do?

Thank you in advance,
Frannikay:tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Build him his own outdoor enclosure... complete with lid. You do not have to be handy with tools to make these things. It could be as simple as using a large child's wading pool to just nailing a few boards together to even using blocks. For the lid you can even just use PCP piping, wire and ties. There is even bird netting you can use. Nothing too hard to do and easy. I am guessing you would still be out with him right?

For inside, you could expand using a couple of large plastic totes and connecting them with a tube.