Tort helps other tort

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
sadly their article read like a complete fairy tale. I don't want to be a downer but tortoises don't help each other.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Torts are anything but....friendly to one another.:tort:

Randi

Canada
I've noticed that the one tort is circling around the other before flipping it back over. I've noticed that once the tort is flipped back over, it is quickly scrambling away from the other. I've noticed how the other one starts to pursue and chase. Definitely don't think that this behaviour would be considered "friendly". I agree that this is aggression.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
with friends like that who needs enemies? :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It looks nice, but people do tend to put human values onto what they see animals do.
it is clearly aggressive behaviour, not 'nasty' anymore than 'friendly' , just territorial and natural.
The rescued tortoise will be more comfortable upright, of course, but will not be 'grateful' to its 'friend'.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello other tortoise lovers I was wondering if I should leave my tort's heatlight on at night?
It's getting really cold were I live and sometimes at night it gets extra chilly
Thank you for the help from me and my tort
Your Russian tortoise will need heat or it will try to brumate (hibernate) .
A bit cold at night is okay for a Russian if it can heat up properly in the morning, however what is the 'really cold' and 'extra chilly' you refer to ?
When you say heatlight, do you mean a CHE (ceramic heat emitter)?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello other tortoise lovers I was wondering if I should leave my tort's heatlight on at night?
It's getting really cold were I live and sometimes at night it gets extra chilly
Thank you for the help from me and my tort

We need to know what the overnight low is in your tortoises enclosure.

Light bulbs should not be left on 24/7. Tortoises need it dark at night. If your tortoise needs night heat, there are sources, like ceramic heating elements that produce heat, but no light.