Tort cam

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
just wondering how many people have Nanny cams and which are the best ones recommended and price I am wanting to get one soon as my baby keeps wanting to play flip over all the time we've caught her turned over a bunch of times and my wife just can't keep an eye on her every 15 minutes all day long so my thought was to get a cam then I can make that phone call when there's something to be checked out appreciate any advice and advanced thanks guys

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
just wondering how many people have Nanny cams and which are the best ones recommended and price I am wanting to get one soon as my baby keeps wanting to play flip over all the time we've caught her turned over a bunch of times and my wife just can't keep an eye on her every 15 minutes all day long so my thought was to get a cam then I can make that phone call when there's something to be checked out appreciate any advice and advanced thanks guys

Upload a pix of your tort’s enclosure - maybe there’s something we can switch-a-roo to make it tort friendly!

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Upload a pix of your tort’s enclosure - maybe there’s something we can switch-a-roo to make it tort friendly!
Not really she can use the quarter inch lip of her water bowl which is barely off the ground to flip herself with I already took her cave away from her right now I'm having custom ceramic pieces made a water dish and a ceramic tree trunk (from a sculptor that can sculpt amazing statues) that she won't be able to get traction on the sides I had a plastic tree trunk but it was too toxic snowing so I figured the ceramic going to be much safer for her

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Amazon has a couple of nice ones that are pretty cheap and upload pics wirelessly... I bought mine over a year ago, so the tech would be out of date, but I know they have them.

Jamie

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I use two different camera systems. I have Arlo 4K cameras that sit stationary overlooking the fenced-in area. I have a second camera inside my enclosure that is mounted to the ceiling. It can tilt/pan/swivel/rotate in any direction I want. It's great for smaller spaces. I can spy on my Sully from anywhere at any time. (both cam systems have night vision as well).

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
both have night vision but the taller one swivels and moves wherever. I have it sitting in a planter so he can't mess with it. It also mounts if you screw it in and i think maybe has a magnet mount too?? I can't remember lol
20200701_185642.jpg

Brent L206

Washington
We just bought this camera off of Amazon for our tortoise. It’s mounted just above his bin so we can see just about all of it. It’s got night vision and is motion activated, so we get notices anytime he’s on the move. Quality is pretty good, too.
91C9BC19-3DF0-4E2E-9AD0-41E91F00A16B.jpeg8038FC4D-D21E-4B8F-85B5-FDE382392DF1.jpegAD2A47BE-2BD1-462C-BB26-352BDB185F03.jpeg

jeannettep

Texas
This is the ones I use. I have one to check on each of our pets. I even have it in an outdoor aviary which it says it is indoor only. I hope they still sell it. I have 4 of them for 2 yrs. I use their cloud pic upload which is a lot with birds. I wired 1 into the top of my tort house and she will even come to me when I talk to her. The one for the cat, by the time I get the camera to turn, I'm looking at an eyeball. What I like about this is that I got the solar or electric & they are interchangeable so I can use a usb micro cord to plug it in & it doesnt have to be theirs. I like the turning ability. The best thing is that I have dropped them & they continue working fine. I mean when i drop them it is 4 feet to tile or concrete. I even had 1 come unsnapped for the camera ball & i just pushed it back together thinking no way, still works fine & i know i have dropped that 1 4x. The night camera works great! I used it to prove to my husband we have a rodent outside.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DHKBF5Q/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200703-101600_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200703-101600_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 7

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
biggest issue at the moment is I don't have Wi-Fi and that return my camera and find ones it does it need Wi-Fi but that has been hard so far any advice is welcome or product referrals

jeannettep

Texas
I have a set of small cameras I got years ago and I put them inside birdhouses. It came with a small monitor to watch on it and I found an adapter so I could connect it to the TV or computer. It was all wired so no Internet required. I'll see if I can find something like it so you have the idea. I know I'm strange but working from home for decades, it's a nice change to put live nature on the tv while I work.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I have a set of small cameras I got years ago and I put them inside birdhouses. It came with a small monitor to watch on it and I found an adapter so I could connect it to the TV or computer. It was all wired so no Internet required. I'll see if I can find something like it so you have the idea. I know I'm strange but working from home for decades, it's a nice change to put live nature on the tv while I work.
I think that's perfectly reasonable. Not strange at all. I wish i could