Toretto

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
I think she is too young. Another thread was talking about size of spurs and according to that, she would be male. I think it said, same size spurs mean male, one big and one small, female. I looked at Tibby’s and she looks male according to that thought. This is just what one vet told someone. We have just been curious about its validity. I’m undecided on whether I want Tibby to be a male or female. She looks girlie to me but I think I’m just crazy.
Actually after looking at spurs again, Eric and I think the right side ones look a little smaller so maybe a girl based on that theory.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
I think she is too young. Another thread was talking about size of spurs and according to that, she would be male. I think it said, same size spurs mean male, one big and one small, female. I looked at Tibby’s and she looks male according to that thought. This is just what one vet told someone. We have just been curious about its validity. I’m undecided on whether I want Tibby to be a male or female. She looks girlie to me but I think I’m just crazy.

This is the first time I hear about this, at what age is it valid?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, I didn't say it. I took it from the other thread that was referred to.

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Thank you!! So what do y’all think... male or female? Still too early maybe... I think she looks female but I guess I’m hoping I’m wrong:)

It's hard to tell from that picture is the tail tucked to the side? Ive never seen a female with a tail long enough to tuck to the side.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I think you are going to need to give us a few pics of her behind and underneath first.
Oops. I forgot that you had already given them. I found this on the net a couple of months ago. Not sure if it will help if the tort is too young but it is interesting none the less. So if I had to base it on the below pic and yours then i would say female.Screenshot_20180701-211849.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So much Controversy!!! Can anyone tell Now?

Attachments

• IMG_8707.jpg
    IMG_8707.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8708.jpg
    IMG_8708.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8714.jpg
    IMG_8714.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52

Bee62