top panel of PVC cage - screw it in or leave it unscrewed for easy removel? + sealant on all creases?

leoturt

Location (City and/or State)
Western Canada
My PVC enclosure - I did not screw in the top panel (ceiling), so it just rests on these ledges of the inside of the side walls - it can't fall down. Does anyone know if leaving it unscrewed would let out too much humidity? I do have some items on the top of the enclosure to hold it down. Do people normally leave the top panels unscrewed or screwed?

I put sealant with a caulk gun on the bottom corners/creases of the cage (to prevent water getting between the panels), should I have seal all corners/creases or is just the bottom okay? (I waited for 2 weeks to air out the smell of the sealant by leaving the enclosure outside (away form rain) before moving my leopard in).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If you have front opening doors, you should screw the top down. It lends structural support to the whole thing that way.

Sealant all around the bottom and up the corners is what I do. No need to seal the top.

leoturt

Western Canada
If you have front opening doors, you should screw the top down. It lends structural support to the whole thing that way.

Sealant all around the bottom and up the corners is what I do. No need to seal the top.
Oops, yeah I forgot to mention that it has front opening door ?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Think like a cardboard box. Open the top on the whole think can be pushed in on itself. Please physically attach the top