Top 15 names???

margykid

I really need to find a name for my tort-to-be.
I was thinking of cool, clever names.Like Esio Trot ETC.... I don't
Really like short names like dave or Tim.What are the top 15 names??
Oh yes, I almost forgot. I.As Much as I like Shelldon and Shelly please may I have some more
original names.
Sorry to be so fussy, but names are pretty important to me.;)

Spannerz

I'm in the same situation as you. We have 4 names lined up at the minute.

Doris or Audrey for a female and Lennon or Rocky for a male.

These have changed in the last few days so it's possible they won't even be in the shortlist once we get our new addition.

Spannerz

I've just dug out the original list where we had quite a few names on. These include;

Magnus
Axel
Albie
Midas
Bandit
Ceaser
Percy
Phineas
Ace
Amiko
Nancy
Ripley
Dixie
Ivy
Vivienne
Zenka

These make me do indecisive about my 4 current choices. Lol

margykid

I've just dug out the original list where we had quite a few names on. These include;

Magnus
Axel
Albie
Midas
Bandit
Ceaser
Percy
Phineas
Ace
Amiko
Nancy
Ripley
Dixie
Ivy
Vivienne
Zenka

Thanks. Please could you link me to the original source .

margykid

Magnus
Axel
Albie
Midas
Bandit
Ceaser
Percy
Phineas
Ace
Amiko
Nancy
Ripley
Dixie
Ivy
Vivienne
Zenka

I love Mabel,Percy and Dixie. So hard to choose only one.

margykid

For some reason I just came up with the name lobe or Loto. I like Lottie, Lola and Letty though.
I like the name Lobie. Is Lobie good? I came up with Loto by putting the first two letters of love and tortoise together. LOve TOrtoise.

Spannerz

It's so difficult to choose.

Most of the names we just came up with laying in bed one night, we were just batting ideas back and forth.

I also keep a notes page open on my phone to add any that I hear throughout the day.

To be honest, when I've named previous pets, I usually go on baby name sites. Lol

Spannerz

By the way, I like your thinking on the Love Tortoise. So many things you could do with that kinda of idea :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't name the tortoises, but all other 'pets' really name themselves. After watching them for a few days, a name that fits usually comes to me.

I have a 110lb sulcata here looking for a forever home and when my daughter came to visit last week, she called him The General because of the way he marched around the back yard, looking like he owned it.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
How about a fave character from a fave book?

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I can't name an animal before I get them, their name has to fit them and their personality. Once I have them I start shooting out names and suddenly one sticks and I can't think of any others. So that's how my animals and up being named. My tortoises name is Yurik, my box turtle's name is Tickle, she came with that one but it seems to fit so I kept it. Other animal names that I have used our Misty, radar, cotton, sleepy, Pepper, Marty, Elmo, red, white, blue, dude, Hershey, Brisby. What kind of tortoise are you getting and where does it originate? Look up names that are popular in that country. Try movie characters, musicians, characters in books, baby name lists, movies etc. we're just throw some letters together and make up your own. The tortoise really does not care what you name them as long as you give them food :)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I'm really bad at naming my torts there names are Bob1, Bob2, and Zooboo :)
I wasn't very good at naming my rabbits, I was just a kid so what do you expect. scamper the first scamper the second scamper the third. How about crinkles, squiggles, Hank, Emma, squirt, Hugo, Blaze, noodle, millions of options in the Harry Potter series :) oh, I forgot about a turtle that I found as a kid, I named it Myrtle, I guess I wasn't very creative with turtle names either oh well. It's kind of fun thinking of names but I have to actually see the animal before any of them stick. Good luck with whatever you come up with.

margykid

These names all came to me because
I was thinking of a name that could be male or female
Then I thought why not have a male AND female.
All these names have one male and one female.

Tilly Taylor
Eliza Lewis
Charlotte Mason
Zoe Elliot
Ben faith
Sam Elsie
Hannah Harley
Lexi Lewis
Ally Adam
Poppy George
Daisy Tyler
Holly Henry
Isabelle Lucas

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Of course there's always the problem when you name your girl tortoise then you find out it's a boy and vice versa. Aspen, mini, methos.