Clank22

Location (City and/or State)
El Paso, Tx
Hello, my sulcuta’s head has been looking a little more dry then normal after I changed his uvb I have a reptisun 10.0 or if he has dried calcium in his head. He’s in a 33 x16 x16 in tank.he had a respitory infection last year and has been great since then please help I don’t want him to get sick

Attachments

• IMG_2051.jpeg
    IMG_2051.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Show a picture of the enclosure.
If the tank is 33inchesx16inchesx16inches it is way too small and needs to be enlarged ASAP!
He likely can not get away from the high basking temps if those are correct and it's drying him out. What is the humidity? Should be 80%
Are you using a mercury vapor bulb? They are too intense and needs to be replaced with an incandescent flood bulb.

Clank22

El Paso, Tx
I’m going to make him an outdoor enclosure when it gets warmer what size do you recommend both indoor and outdoor I keep the humidity at 60 (that’s what I was told by the vet) I will increase it for sure he means a lot to me I feel horrible the temp is usually at 75 ish his lights are like 16 in above his shell these are the lights and if I need different ones could you please send a link or a picture thank you so much

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpeg
    IMG_2052.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1983.jpeg
    IMG_1983.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I’m going to make him an outdoor enclosure when it gets warmer what size do you recommend both indoor and outdoor I keep the humidity at 60 (that’s what I was told by the vet) I will increase it for sure he means a lot to me I feel horrible the temp is usually at 75 ish his lights are like 16 in above his shell these are the lights and if I need different ones could you please send a link or a picture thank you so much
You've gotten the usual wrong care info. Those are the wrong bulbs, and the enclosure is much too dry and too small. We will help you make it better.

Read these two threads, and then read them again. Everything is explained in detail in them, and questions are welcome.