Too much Oat Straw and Moringa???

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
I recently purchased a variety of dried herbs and leaves for my tortise from Kapidolo Farms and was wondering if anyone has used these products... yesterday I put a Hardy pinch of both in her 1 cup food bowl about a tablespoon or more of each and according to the directions it says 1 tablespoon per head of lettuce which is a vast difference so I'm just wondering if it would make her swell up she ate all of her food yesterday and I didn't catch it until I read the directions later... so anyway soaking her this morning she didn't want to come out of her shell which she's never done for the three months that I've had her and she's a 6 month old leopard so I was just thinking maybe the oats swelled up with her food making her super full hopefully she'll poop today and hopefully I'm worrying for nothing any thoughts? Or experience with this situation?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really doubt you can overfeed any of Kapidolo Farms additives. All it is is dried plants. If it worries you, though, next time you add them to your baby's diet, soak them for a bit in a little bowl of water.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I really doubt you can overfeed any of Kapidolo Farms additives. All it is is dried plants. If it worries you, though, next time you add them to your baby's diet, soak them for a bit in a little bowl of water.
yeah she's acting normal again she finally came out of her shell did her soak and then ate this morning which today I just gave her Cactus pad and one of those red fruits that grow on the cactus pad about a teaspoon of that with all the seeds removed wasn't sure if they would hurt her or not I can't imagine they would but just to be safe and she absolutely loved it what's not to love it's kind of sweet...lol... got her appointment with the vet for Friday hopefully things will go well it's not the vet I wanted but they say that she's and experienced reptile vet her head is still swelling slowly just hoping she stays okay until Friday she acts completely normal poops and has an appetite so I haven't worried too much