Too close....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
I cut Anaia's toenail too close. I feel so horrible. Ughhh. What do I do? Does it hurt her really bad? Should I be worried about infection?

Help.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Did her toenail bleed? If yes you can use qwikstop to stop the bleeding. You can buy it at the pet store...it is used when you cut a dogs nail to short and cause bleeding...it is like when you cut your nail way too short..it will be ultra sensitive for a few days...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
One should always have a product called Quik-Stop on hand for just such a situation. It is a styptic powder that stops bleeding. If you don't have such a product, then you can dip the offending toe in some flour. Flour doesn't work as well, but it works. No, you don't have to worry about infection. He'll be fine.

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
One should always have a product called Quik-Stop on hand for just such a situation. It is a styptic powder that stops bleeding. If you don't have such a product, then you can dip the offending toe in some flour. Flour doesn't work as well, but it works. No, you don't have to worry about infection. He'll be fine.

Wont baking soda work too?
I have heard but never tried myself.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
Oh ok. Thanks. She seems fine. I feel awfully terrible.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
Irwin4530 said:
emysemys said:

Wont baking soda work too?
I have heard but never tried myself.

yes, or corn starch.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Don't feel bad, your intentions were good, we all have accidents. Call it a lesson learned and move on. :)

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
I feel you :( That happened my tort too. I accidentally cut his toenail too deep. I stopped cutting them now.. it wears off with activity.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I agree, give them some slate rocks and it wears off no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.