Tony's age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Denby

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham
After looking at post after post on this site I'm thinking my tort for his age should be abit bigger?. I've had him for 7 months and when I first got him I was told he was a year old by the pet store... Who have been unreliable since day one!!. Was he a year old? Or is he the correct size? I'll attach some photos in a second message.. (phone doesn't allow upload)

Photos: So these where taken today.. Tony SHOULD be about 1 yr and 7months?:

DSC_0020.jpgDSC_0031.jpgDSC_0022.jpgDSC_0035.jpgDSC_0043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I can't tell its size based on your pics. The one by the gage makes him look small but I think he could be a year and not be very large. What is his length? How much does he weigh? I think that would be a better way to know how big he is. From all of the growth rings that sounds accurate, to me. There are other keepers on here who will give you a better idea but I know size is not an accurate indicator of age. Cooper is a giant and is only two where as most sulcatas his age only dream of becoming so massive so quickly. Wait for others to give you a more definitive answer, they are way more experienced than I am. I would get the measurements, though, it would help give a more informative answer. Good luck and nice looking sully.:)

Robbie Denby

10 Year Member!
Nottingham
lovelyrosepetal said:
I can't tell its size based on your pics. The one by the gage makes him look small but I think he could be a year and not be very large. What is his length? How much does he weigh? I think that would be a better way to know how big he is. From all of the growth rings that sounds accurate, to me. There are other keepers on here who will give you a better idea but I know size is not an accurate indicator of age. Cooper is a giant and is only two where as most sulcatas his age only dream of becoming so massive so quickly. Wait for others to give you a more definitive answer, they are way more experienced than I am. I would get the measurements, though, it would help give a more informative answer. Good luck and nice looking sully.:)

Thanks! :D
He's 180grams on the dot
And approx 4 inches long

morloch

5 Year Member
Jan 12,, Morloch weighs in at 100 grams! (2012)

April 9,,, 168 grams!!

June 22,,,271 grams
Aug 2,,,, 389 grams
Aug 26. 460 grams
Sept 28 550 grams
Oct. 27. 618 grams
Nov 25. 751 grams
Jan 1. 853 grams (2013)
Jan 27. 957 grams

Morloch will be 2 this July. Just to give u an idea, will weigh him again this weekend.i hope this helps, I copied and paste from my phone

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Robbie Denby said:
lovelyrosepetal said:

Thanks! :D
He's 180grams on the dot
And approx 4 inches long

He could be a year and seven months. How big was he when you got him? Sullys tend to grow at different rates, depending on genes, diet, health, etc, so every individual is going to differ.

As a comparison, I've got a 6 month old sully who is about the same weight/length as your tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.