Today I go herping

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond

5 Year Member
Well today I go out tag and GPS mark western diamondback dens last year this time I extracted 8 fl oz. Of venom and made a couple grand with the selling to e.r rooms hope the same this year nvr been bitten

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds like fun, the den marking part. Good luck, hope your no bite streak continues.

raymond

5 Year Member
Located decal new dens one had over 12 adults milked two of them and observed a late way late luve birth (they store eggs in belly untill they hatch then let em out) also found sings of other ppl messing with my spots leaving trash and glass and other sings ppl where there, I hate that go in and leave as tho u where nvr there common respect to the wild life

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds like you had a good day, that's great and kept your "no bite" streak going too.
I know what you mean about the creeps that don't know what a garbage can is for. We get it all the time up where we go boating:(

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
very cool adventure ... thanks for sharing!
Heck I need a Herp buddy out here in Orange County/LA ....:rolleyes::(

DevilsLettuce

5 Year Member
N2TORTS said:

When I come down to SoCal I'm down to do some herping, don't know any good spots though...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
DevilsLettuce said:
N2TORTS said:

When I come down to SoCal I'm down to do some herping, don't know any good spots though...

I do .,...but most down in Diego ....ma' home town :shy:
Let's go !

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
raymond said:
Well today I go out tag and GPS mark western diamondback dens last year this time I extracted 8 fl oz. Of venom and made a couple grand with the selling to e.r rooms hope the same this year nvr been bitten

First I will say I know nothing on this subject. The ERs use venom to make antivenom? I would think they would buy anitvenom from a drug company, not do it themselves. So they buy from anybody? Or do you have to have certain licenses or classes? Not so much asking about the snake handling side, as much as thinking sertile conditions and such.

raymond

5 Year Member
I have a long family line of collecting venom for Loma Linda er in California u need a fishing license to monitor reptiles and I'm in lake elsinore by the oc so any time u quant to go herping its on. The main thing with the venom is to keep it clean a drug company would try to make the antivinom instead of getting the venom witch is need for antivenom plus Loma Linda has a venom er u prolly have seen it the show venom er on animal planet is the Loma Linda er

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
raymond said:
I have a long family line of collecting venom for Loma Linda er in California u need a fishing license to monitor reptiles and I'm in lake elsinore by the oc so any time u quant to go herping its on. The main thing with the venom is to keep it clean a drug company would try to make the antivinom instead of getting the venom witch is need for antivenom plus Loma Linda has a venom er u prolly have seen it the show venom er on animal planet is the Loma Linda er

Interesting. As to seeing those shows, I haven't but then I don't have a TV either. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
raymond said:
Located decal new dens one had over 12 adults milked two of them and observed a late way late luve birth (they store eggs in belly untill they hatch then let em out) also found sings of other ppl messing with my spots leaving trash and glass and other sings ppl where there, I hate that go in and leave as tho u where nvr there common respect to the wild life

I'm a real big anti-trash/litter freak. When I watch the old westerns on cable it really bugs me how they just toss their trash all over the place.

Do you take garbage bags with you and clean up the area?

raymond

5 Year Member
Oh I leave nothing behind that shows sings of ppl being there

Status
Not open for further replies.