Tobi is 3 months old today

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Good Morning,

hi just wanted to post some pics of my baby he is 3 months old today.. how does his shell look?
he is very shy always hiding when i get near him but I love him too much, he eats like a piggy and when i take him outside he runs and eats everything in his path.
Just want to know if he has any signs of pyramiding.

Attachments

• PB081121.JPG
    PB081121.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 68
  • PB081120.JPG
    PB081120.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 46
  • PB081119.JPG
    PB081119.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 40
  • PB081118.JPG
    PB081118.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 33
  • PB081117.JPG
    PB081117.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 32

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Smooth as a baby's behind!

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
emysemys said:
Smooth as a baby's behind!

i love you right now Yvonne.. thank you so much i have tears in my eyes cuz im so happy :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He looks great! Glad he's doing well. How much does he weigh now? You can get a digital kitchen scale pretty cheap at Walmart or Target if you don't have one already. No sign of pyramiding. Shell looks really nice. Mine also had those bumpy, irregular growth lines between the scutes as soon as they started to grow. It just sort of blends in and fades away over time.

I've decided to start advocating more calcium in the diet for little babies like this and of course, proper UV. I'm giving mine a little sprinkle of Ca about 4-5 times a week now.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
He looks great! My russian, Betty, will put her back legs out like Tobi when she's soaking : )

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
Tom said:
He looks great! Glad he's doing well. How much does he weigh now? You can get a digital kitchen scale pretty cheap at Walmart or Target if you don't have one already. No sign of pyramiding. Shell looks really nice. Mine also had those bumpy, irregular growth lines between the scutes as soon as they started to grow. It just sort of blends in and fades away over time.

I've decided to start advocating more calcium in the diet for little babies like this and of course, proper UV. I'm giving mine a little sprinkle of Ca about 4-5 times a week now.

hi Tom,

i was waiting for u to say something and thank you.. i have noticed those bumpy , irregular growth lines but they were there when i got him and im glad to hear they go away over time.. he weighs exactly 68.4 grams today, im hoping that is normal.. i gave him that cuttle bone for the birds beak to him and he loves it he chews on it almost everyday.. but i will up his calcium to 3-4 times a week. and i have the uv light on 10 hrs since it gets dark faster now and i take him outside at least 30 min a day and sometimes hrs.. he still climbs the corner lol and now he has a new habit that cracks me up where he goes and bites an a piece of metal that it's on a little bucket looking thing i have in his enclosure for a hide i hope thats ok, and thank you again

zoogrl said:
He looks great! My russian, Betty, will put her back legs out like Tobi when she's soaking : )

i love it when they do that, it looks like they are super comfortable chillin, and the funny thing is i can see his little knee now when he does that and i love it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Weight sounds normal. I'd set your light for 12-13 hours a day, since he's just a little baby. He can worry about the seasons for the next dozen decades or so.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
Tom said:
Weight sounds normal. I'd set your light for 12-13 hours a day, since he's just a little baby. He can worry about the seasons for the next dozen decades or so.

LOL.. yes sir, i will :)

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
Tobi looks great, keep up the good work! Looks like you are on your way to a healthy, smooth, and happy tort.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Hah! Yvonne stole the words right out of my mouth...except I was thinking something other than 'behind':p

You are doing a GREAT job with Tobi...curious about his size...have you tried cuttlebone yet? If so, has he taken to it?

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
DeanS said:
Hah! Yvonne stole the words right out of my mouth...except I was thinking something other than 'behind':p

You are doing a GREAT job with Tobi...curious about his size...have you tried cuttlebone yet? If so, has he taken to it?

first I want to say thank you and yes i have given him a cuttlebone and he loves it.. he chews on it almost everyday sounds like nails on chalkboard lol :D
and i will measure him tomorrow and post the pics and i want you to guess if he is a he just for fun cuz he is super shy

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
tobibaby said:
DeanS said:

first I want to say thank you and yes i have given him a cuttlebone and he loves it.. he chews on it almost everyday sounds like nails on chalkboard lol :D
and i will measure him tomorrow and post the pics and i want you to guess if he is a he just for fun cuz he is super shy

1 baby sulcata that I love to death...
Your sig says it all...and it's obvious!;) Glad to hear about the cuttlebone...ometimes they take to it and sometimes they don't!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
His shell looks wonderful!! You're doing a great job with him :)
What a gorgeous little tort :D

Status
Not open for further replies.