Tinkerbell!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Hi guys, this is my 2 year old horsfield tortoise named Tinkerbell. I love her to bits, I have only owned her almost 2months now.

DSC00264.jpg

meet Tinkerbell :D

This is her indoor enclosure

303669_10150277455224144_514019143_7435001_2829646_n.jpg

This is her outdoor enclosure for a rare sunny day, (I put a mesh over the top but took it off for the photo)

DSC00282.jpg

I soak her regulary, but I noticed her trying to get in her water bowl

DSC00301.jpg

So I made her an extension on her house so she can have a soak whenever she wants using the ramp!! (It has all sand stuck to the wood so she doesnt slide, making it easier for her to climb)

DSC00365.jpg

And some of her doing her fav thing in the whole world... eating!!!

DSC00393.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

When I bought her she didn't have a smooth shell as you can see she has slight pryamiding. Also her shell looked dyhydrated as the colours of her shell were very dull and dry looking. However now her shell is looking much better and slowly all of the colours are starting to show and shes looking alot healthier!! Hopefully as time goes on I can get her smoother. I think its due to her being fed on alot of lettuce in the pet shop and there wasnt water readily available, she also had runny poo, which i was told is normal, but within 2days of me having her, and her new diet, she had normal droppings and has done ever since!

Ooh just had a look at the pics, and noticed that in those photos they are of when I first got her and they told me to bed her on bark chippings, I have since learnt that they aren't goodfor torts, and she is now bedded on cypress mulch :)

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Some great pics! I especially love the ones where she is eating!! :)

beccayauyau

5 Year Member
These pictures are very cute, i also have a two year old russian and i too have had her for about two months :) Have fun with her, thanks for sharing these pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.