Timi the Sulcata is ready for a big new outdoor enclosure.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
Lovely tort, hope he enjoys the outdoors. I got speedy out first time today in 2024 , he loved it.

Trishk

Santa Barbara
Today I started working with a local builder craftsman who will be building Timi the sulcata’s new outdoor enclosure in a nice sunny and shady spot in my backyard. I am thinking 14 by 14 feet for starters.
Will some of you direct me to photos of your outdoor sulcata enclosures? I’ve been looking for some ideas but a lot of the links to posts seem to be broken. I did send my builder the specs for Tom’s outdoor heated box for starters.
Also I sent him the recent post and replies to the woman whose son has a four year old sulcata. There is a lot of good information there.
Timi is two and a half years old, 12 pounds in weight and 12 inches in carapace length and eats like a horse.
I meant for this to be the main part of my post. Sorry it is in replies.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Trishk

Santa Barbara
Lovely tort, hope he enjoys the outdoors. I got speedy out first time today in 2024 , he loved it.
Thank you. I meant for the reply above to be the main part if my post. Do you have photos of your outdoor space?

Last edited:

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Hi if you click forums top left search down for Africa tortoise you will find sulcata info....
Here's a link that may help
The Best Way To Raise A Sulcata, Leopard, Or Star Tortoise

Larger the better and not flimsy as they are aka bulldozers so plan good walls. They like to dig and plan a large pond like water are they can walk in and soak and you can pull a plug to drain and clean, sweep with a brush and refill. Past threads on this are in here I will check.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Here are some threads with pics of sulcata enclosures:

This website has some useful tips for all tortoise enclosures: https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/tortoise-care/enclosures/outdoors/

Trishk

Santa Barbara

This website has some useful tips for all tortoise enclosures: https://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/tortoise-care/enclosures/outdoors/

Trishk

Santa Barbara
Thank you!

Trishk

Santa Barbara
Hi if you click forums top left search down for Africa tortoise you will find sulcata info....
Here's a link that may help
The Best Way To Raise A Sulcata, Leopard, Or Star Tortoise

Larger the better and not flimsy as they are aka bulldozers so plan good walls. They like to dig and plan a large pond like water are they can walk in and soak and you can pull a plug to drain and clean, sweep with a brush and refill. Past threads on this are in here I will check.
Thank you.